Getting a D First Semester Senior Year

<p>Do the UC’s rescind your application if you get a D first semester? Or was it just second semester?</p>

<p>i think they can rescind you for a D in first semester as well.</p>

<p>not 100%.</p>

<p>I am 100% they can.</p>

<p>The UC campuses recommend to do everything you can; i.e. tutoring, extra help from the instructor or changing study habits, to receive grades at least “C” and above during the senior year. A grade of “D” or “F” must be reported to each of the UC campuses the student applied to as soon as the grade is received. This “D” or “F” grade will have an effect on the admissions decision if received in the first semester or can change the admissions decision if received during the second semester.</p>

<p>thank you, ucd rep! :] i really appreciate it</p>

<p>I should also mention that some UC Campuses may have a minimum GPA requirement for your senior year. This is not a requirement for UC Davis at this time, like I said previously we don’t want to see any D or F grades. I would suggest asking the schools you’ve applied to if they have this requirement as you notify them of your grade.</p>

<p>thank you, ucd admissions officer. the D is not my final grade; i'm working really hard w/ my teacher to bump it up to a C-. hopefully i'll be able to make it.</p>

<p>quick question: say i get a D first semester in calc because of bad teacher, but next semester go to a community college and retake calculus 1 getting a b or higher in the class? will that cancel out?</p>

<p>Tell them in the additional comments sectioni what problems youve been having, and maybe they’ll understand</p>

<p>@OP, keep working hard and hearder. UCLA and UCB require unweighted GPA 3.0 in your senior year. Ask your teacher to give you opportunities to work on extra credits if it is possible.</p>