Getting a D in Calc BC for Princeton

Hopefully all will work out.

1 Like

Update:
Her school agreed to raise her grade for 2nd semester to a B and final grade to A- if she gets 5 on AP test and since there final grades aren’t sent out to colleges until after July 5th it all works out. She says the AP was much easier than class tests so I’m hoping for a 5

7 Likes

I am keeping my fingers crossed for her! Are scores released on Wednesday? Good luck!

1 Like

Great news! Hoping for the best for her!

1 Like

That seems odd - but ok.

Any idea how Princeton will handle if it’s not a 5 and the grade comes?

Best of luck.

Is it all-or-nothing, meaning a 5 = semester B or anything else = D still, or would they give her a C for a 4, etc.?

Has Princeton said anything yet at all, directionally? And wouldn’t they already know about the D so will they question it if the grade raises so far after the term?

Good luck in any event.

She said the school doesn’t send grades until after July 5.

Hope it all works out!

3 Likes

The way her school is handling this is bizarre. Hoping for the best for her!

3 Likes

The school in the neighboring district revises grades based on AP scores. We thought it was odd as well. My son would have loved if 5s turned into As, but not his school’s policy.

1 Like

I know, the district near us gives absolutely no weight to the ap but ours apparently(I’ve never known since my child never got bad grade) has a recovery program to incentive focus during AP exams. Meaning anyone with less than B in a any semester can get their grade for semester bumped to a B with a 5 on the exam.

In any event, her odds of a 5 are decent. The Calc BC test has one of the highest rates of 5’s of any AP test. This year 42% of test takers got a 5. Good luck.

1 Like

Maybe we can move on from off-topic pedantry.

1 Like

Yes. except (the OP can correct me if I am wrong) as I understood an earlier post, Princeton is already aware of the current grade so they will know that it has changed. I may have misunderstood the post below however.

In any case, I am crossing my fingers. I really hope that it works out. I think that colleges should not rescind any student’s admission over a single poor grade in a transcript full of As unless it was an instance of misbehavior, cheating, or perhaps extreme senioritis.

3 Likes

Hoping she got a five. I think 40 to 50% of scores are 5s so crossing fingers. My son received his several days early through his college portal. Best of luck!!

2 Likes

Any update??? Hoping for the 5!!!

3 Likes

she got a 3

2 Likes

I wish you luck.

The other week there was a student transfer who missed the USC gpa requirement.

They asked them to explain why and satisfied with the response did not rescind.

I hope your student gets a similar opportunity.

1 Like

Fingers crossed it all works out for your daughter!

3 Likes

Sorry. Hopefully things will work out. Princeton does such an extensive review for admissions that I would hate to think that one half grade for one semester would lead to a recession. Please let us know.

Does she know her final grade for the year? Will that be a C or better?