Getting into Colorado College?

<p>Hi right now I'm a junior in ohio and I was wondering if you could help me determine my chances at CC? Right now I'm top 15% of my class with a slightly above 3.6 UW GPA and a 3.85 Weighted GPA. So far my junior year has been very good so my GPA should go up a good deal more. Also I've taken a lot of ACT practice tests and I'm thinking I'll get around a 32. I'm in love Colorado, and the block plan seems awesome. I also am a huge outdoors person, and I love hiking, skiing, and traveling which makes CC seem like a perfect fit. I have some decent ECs such as volunteering at the hospital, eagle scout, working at the local ski resort, and a possible year or summer abroad my senior year. What do you guys think my chances are at CC? Also how generous is CC with scholarships and financial aid? Thanks so much!</p>

<p>You seem to have a pretty good chance! I know that around 80% of people get the financial add that they need.</p>

<p>From the Colorado College 2010-11 Common Data Set</p>

<p>Number of students in line b who were determined to have financial need --194</p>

<p>Number of students in line c who were awarded any financial aid --194</p>

<p>On average, the percentage of need that was met of students who were awarded any need-based aid. Exclude any aid that was awarded in excess of need as well as any resources that were awarded to replace EFC (PLUS loans, unsubsidized loans, and private alternative loans) – 97.0%</p>

<p>The average financial aid package of those in line d. Exclude any resources that were awarded to replace EFC (PLUS loans, unsubsidized loans, and private alternative loans) – $ 35,263</p>

<p>YMMV</p>

<p>I can tell you we were VERY pleased by the aid offerred by CC. Their Net Price calculator is up and seems to be pretty accurate (at least based on our input and award from 2010)
they also have two very attractive aspects to their aid packages

1. outside scholarships can be used to reduce EFC (Most schools reduce need)
  2. the affordability plan - your package is guaranteed for 4 years.</p>

<p>Good luck</p>

<p>ohiosnow, I think you have a good chance of getting into CC and getting the financial aid you need. I was once the same position as you (Eagle Scout, avid volunteer, outdoor aficionado), and now I’m a freshman at CC and loving it! What I can tell you is that CC will definitely like to see your leadership skills; in fact, you might be eligible for a CC Leadership Scholarship, which is worth $40,000 over the course of four years. In addition, CC doles out fantastic need-based grants.</p>

<p>If you are solicitous to be accepted to CC and receive such financial aid, I suggest raising your GPA as much as you possibly can. A higher GPA, say 3.8 unweighted and 4.3 weighted, would make your application very well-rounded.</p>

<p>At any rate, I wish you the best of luck in your application! Please let me know if I can answer any other questions you might have.</p>

<p>Best,
XCViet</p>