Getting into Purdue

<p>I just got a... Denied WL/Offer Regional Campus: Applicant denied. Decision letter will detail offer for admission to other Purdue campuses and locations... From Purdue.
I have a 2.9 to 3.0 unweighted GPA. I've taken many AP Classes, AP Comp Sci, AP Physics C, AP Stats, AP Calc AB, AP Chemistry and AP Euro. I got a 1790 on the SAT. My GPA senior year has been roughly a 3.6. Is there any other way I can get into Purdue? I applied for Freshman Engineering which I heard was competitive so I have a feeling that is why. Is there a way to reapply to some other major or just make a deal with the admissions committee? Anything would help.</p>

<p>Thanks,</p>

<p>Michael</p>

<p>Well you really have two options but one of them has to include luck into it:</p>

<ol>
<li>Give the Admissions Office a call on Monday and ask if you could speak to a counselor. Tell them if you would be offered admission to the main campus if you went to Undergraduate Studies Program(USP). Cause to be honest your grades aren’t good enough to be in the FYE(First Yr. Eng.) program. If they say no, ask them if they could appeal your decision and tell them you would like to send them your current grades in high school. </li>
<li>Go to a local community college and do well, if your an IN resident then go to Ivy Tech in Lafayette since A LOT of kids go there if they were either kicked out or denied admissions from Purdue-West Lafayette. IUPUI is also a popular school in Indiana too if your in-state. You have to do well and try to get over a 3.5 GPA if you wanted to get into the FYE program. Try to find the classes that are necessary in FYE that count towards your degree if you take it elsewhere other than Purdue also, since some classes MUST be taken at Purdue. </li>
</ol>

<p>These are really the only options, also you taking AP classes don’t really mean much unless you could support it with great AP exam scores. If so, did you send your scores to the Admissions Office? Specifically your scores in Physics, Calc., and Chem? If you scored over a 4 in each one I’m pretty sure it could help your appeal also.</p>

<p>what is the undergraduate studies program?</p>

<p>It’s basically the “Undecided” major. They actually have one of the best academic advisors around since I also got help from one of the advisors during my time there. It’s the more easier major to get accepted to unlike applying straight to the FYE program or others.</p>

<p>i applied undecided to the college of liberal arts and got in…that means that the major i choose later on has to be in the college of liberal arts, right?</p>

<p>Well technically it has to be in CLA but if you want to transfer out of CLA later then you could CODO to another college. But yes on your choosing a major that has to be in CLA.</p>

<p>Thanks for the reply,</p>

<p>I’m taking most of my AP Classes right now: Physics, Stats, Comp Sci and Calc. So I have no test scores on those. I got a 3 on my Chemistry exam so I’m not sure if that would help, it was sent in with my application. I’ll try the first option as soon as my father gets home because he wants to know what’s going on. Do you think I have a chance in getting in with your first option? Just of curiosity.
I did get into IUPUI and it was my back up to go there for a year and transfer out if all goes well.</p>

<p>Again thanks for the advice,</p>

<p>Michael</p>