Getting into Tut?

<p>D and a few friends are wondering how hard is it to get into Tut if you do not have the earliest selection times?
That is the dorm they REALLY REALLY want.<br>
I do know they will not be using the -45 rooms unless absolutely must and for only 1 occupant, per the RA that showed us around. Not sure how much that will play a part in availability of rooms at Tut. </p>

<p>Thanks and Roll Tide</p>

<p>It’s very tough without an early spot. Have some options ready. Good luck</p>

<p>Are there any other residence halls with the same room rate as Tut? What normally happens if an honors student wants to get into Tut but is unable to because she did not pay the housing deposit before the January 1 deadline? Is there at least a slim chance that she can get into Tut?</p>

<p>Could someone kindly summarize the room information about Tut? I know the -45 rooms are smaller, but is there any other information that isn’t really on the website or only would be discovered by touring? I toured in the summer and didn’t get a chance to see anything during preview weekend. Thanks!</p>

<p>TxNewCollegeMom: BAsed on what we saw last year, we should have some availability in Tutwiler past the first night, but again can’t guarantee that year-to-year. What you may find are rooms with one space available instead of empty rooms for two.</p>

<p>Tutwiler is a double-occupancy room, so it’s the same rate as Burke, Parham, Somerville and Harris as well.</p>

<p>A student who did not apply before Jan. 1 may still be pulled into a space by another student online room selection. Also, as long as the traditional style option was chosen as a priority on your housing application, then the student will be assigned to one of the buildings above. After that, students can apply for room swaps.</p>

<p>Hope this helps!
Janine</p>