Getting Organized in a Traditional-Style Dorm

<h2>Any practical tips?</h2>

<h2>What is the most efficient way girls use the common bathroom? Do they just carry down a shower caddy? Or do they also take a shower bag with a towel, robe, clean clothes? What do the girls tend to find work? D typically doesn’t wear a robe - but I’m thinking she’s going to want one </h2>

<h2>Should we just buy a couple of bins (i.e. the standard size at Bed, Bath & Beyond) for her to store items like school supplies, spare lightbulbs, etc? </h2>

<h2>Do most kids rent the rugs from the company I saw on-line? Do they try to coordinate that with their roommate before-hand so it’s there on move in day?</h2>

<p>Any other suggestions are appreciated! Thank you!</p>

<p>No tips or suggestions?</p>

<ol>
<li><p>We purchased D a shower caddy to carry with her. She already has some of the terry wraps to put on after she showers. </p></li>
<li><p>We purchased 3 of the storage drawer units from Target. D liked the black ones with the “black” plastic drawers so everything is not so visible. May get more once she moves into Tutwiler for supplies. </p></li>
<li><p>D’s roommate is bringing the rug, ironing board, tv. We are bringing the curtains, iron, coffee maker. We have met twice and during Bama Bound we discussed who was bringing what.</p></li>
</ol>

<p>My d had two bathroom caddies - one for when she was going to shower (including toothbrush/paste) and a smaller one that just had what she needed to brush her teeth and wash her face.</p>

<p>She also had several of the plastic carts on wheels that fit under the bed. They were easy to access and she could keep things that weren’t used that often in the back. </p>

<p>We did not rent the rug. She and her roommate each got a matching rug at Target - 4’x6’ I think. There was still some tile exposed, but it worked well for them. </p>

<p>Good luck!</p>