Getting Tickets

<p>So I’m going to Bama next year, and I’m looking forward to going to football games (roll tide) but I’m curious as to the standard practice for students getting tickets. Are they offered at a discount? Does everyone get them? Do you get general admission, or just seats with strangers?</p>

<p>Student fb tickets are sold in either full-season or half-season home game packages. They cost $5 per game plus fees. So the full season package is around $50, while the half season package is about $30. Everyone does not get tickets. They are sold in the spring through a complex system that you can research by looking through past threads on the subject of football tickets. For entering freshmen, you get them in the summer. And freshmen are only allowed to get half-season packages.</p>

<p>The student section is general admission.</p>

<p>My freshman son this year got package B (which includes the Auburn game) it included 3 home games, we paid $15 plus fees, I think the total was $21…however he has been able to get a donated student ticket for all of the other home games so even as a freshman it is possible to go to all home games :slight_smile: </p>

<p>The students usually go in with their friends at least 90 minutes before kick off to get seats and there are some blocks designated for certain groups (Greek houses, Law students, student athletes) but most of the student section is just first come first selection…</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>when do incoming freshman sign up for 2013 Tickets? also how did he get donated student tickets?</p>

<p>^^^ Last year it was early June when freshmen could buy tickets…maybe June 5th??? My S ordered his within the first few minutes and was able to get the package he wanted. Then he was able to get donated tickets for all of the other games. On Sunday before the game, he would go online and put his name on a waiting list for a donated ticket. Usually by Wed. or Thursday he would get an email saying he had a donated ticket. Some kids did not want to “wait it out” and simply bought a ticket, but all of my son’s friends who signed up within minutes of the waiting list opening up were able to get donated tickets for each game. :)</p>

<p>As an accepted student your child will get an email with the fb ticket package info…all other athletic events (basketball, gymnastics, softball, baseball, soccer, volleyball, etc. are free to UA students with their student ID).</p>

<p>When deciding on which fb ticket package to select one should consider any trips home as well as which package includes games that will be harder to get donated tickets for…this past season the Iron Bowl was home whereas this season (2013) the game will be at Auburn so not quite sure if there will be a “better” package this season…</p>

<p>Just have your student get in the habit of checking their Crimson email daily and you won’t miss out on anything :)</p>

<p>ok thx-I knew a little about getting the pkg but hadn’t heard about donated tickets- so those are in student section also?</p>

<p>There’s a place on MyBama to sign up to get a donated ticket. I think you can sign up the Sunday afternoon before the home game you want a ticket for. The donated tickets are for the student section, and will be put onto the donee’s ACT card. For the 2012 season my D got the 4 game package that didn’t include Auburn, since she was not planning to be in Tuscaloosa over the Thanksgiving break. There was no problem getting donated tickets to the other home games that weren’t in her package. I would imagine that this year the package that includes the LSU game will be the popular one. The Iron Bowl and the Texas A&M game are away this year. The other SEC games that are home are Ole Miss, Arkansas and Tennessee. Non-conference home games are Colorado State, Georgia State and Chattanooga.</p>

<p>hlsess - yes- the donated tickets are in the Student Section. As many people have mentioned above, you can pretty easily get donated tickets if you sign up immediately… This will be explained in various e-mails you will get… S got donated tickets a couple times and did end up paying $20 for the Texas A&M game only because he didnt want to wait to see if he would clear the list. The process is very easy to navigate. S had no idea how to pay his student bill but he knew how to get a football ticket the first day on campus…There are no shortage of ticket experts to help you out when you get to T-Town if you have any questions… ROLL TIDE!</p>

<p>thanks a ton! I am sure he will figure it out- just hope that he can figure out where his classes are lcoated-haha!</p>

<p>I know the freshman this year had a choice of Tickets for the A games or the B games. Do upperclassmen have to pick between these two plans or do they just pay one fee for all the games?</p>

<p>Upperclassmen can buy a full package.</p>