Getting to Susquehanna

Getting to Susquehanna from the west coast looks a bit challenging. What is the best airport for a student to fly into, and what is the best way to get to the school from the airport? I see the school has some break time shuttles, but I’m not sure the timing works for flights from the west coast.

Harrisburg is the closest airport. Not sure of options for getting to campus. Our d has taken the train and gotten a ride a ride to campus from a friend who lives in Harrisburg. We live in the northeast - it’s not easy to get to from here either, sigh.

It looks like the only option is an Uber from the airport to the campus at about $100. There is a bus from Harrisburg to Selinsgrove, but it departs too late in the day for west coast flights.
I’m not really excited for her to be on an Uber for an hour and a half at night…
I have reached out to the school to see if they have any suggestions.

@dadof2d The school has shuttled my daughter back and forth to Harrisburg. It’s been awhile because she has a car now. I don’t remember how much it cost. It did seem flexible. I know at least some of the time, she was the only student on the shuttle.

Yes, getting to and from Maine is tough. I looked into trains or buses and the length of time/number of stops were ridiculous. So she has always gotten a ride from a friend or we made the round trip. Thank goodness her grandfather got her an economical car!

@MaineLonghorn
Thank you for the information. I have reached out to the school for more information about scheduling the shuttle.