GI Bill & Admissions Scholarship

<p>Does anyone have a current UA student that receives the post 9/11 GI Bill as well as an admissions scholarship?</p>

<p>I don’t know if anyone has both, but if you’re worrying about how the bama money will get applied if GI money is paying for tuition, don’t worry.</p>

<p>The bama scholarship just gets applied to the acct…not necessarily for tuition. So, the bama money can be used for housing or whatever. So, for an OOs student, a student with the Presidential will get about $11k credited to the acct every semester to use for whatever.</p>

<p>Can I get that in writing?? LOL! D has submitted a few other applications but looked at me today and said Bama is the one, which makes me nervous and I just want to make sure all of our bases our covered. I called the UA VA office today to inquire about the GI Bill & Scholarship and they said the scholarship letter has to specifically state that it could be used for costs other than tuition. VA said call the scholarship office, so I did, nope not the right place, they said call admissions, the girl at admissions transferred me to the wrong place, who said you need admissions lol. Called admissions back, talked to a different young lady, who said let me talk to my boss and I will call you back. So now I wait!</p>

<p>Mom2collegekids, from everything I have read your description of how the funds are applied is correct. I would just like that to be confirmed by someone at UA or at least a student at UA and has both…I do not want any surprises in the spring.</p>

<p>You can contact Anber Cappell in Scholarships.</p>

<p><a href=“mailto:amber.cappell@ua.edu”>amber.cappell@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>The Bama scholarship is not exclusively for tuition. There are many students that come in with PACT (which pays tuition) and they’ll get a Bama scholarship…so they use the Bama scholarship for housing or whatever.</p>

<p>Thank you!!!</p>

<p>We are not using the post 9/11 G.I. Bill (yet), however we are using the Alabama GI Dependent scholarship. That one posted to DD’s account on top of the Presidential, and we had a nice refund a few weeks ago, even after room and board expenses posted.</p>

<p>We had also gotten the back-and-forth information before she started school, so we had no idea what to expect and then were pleasantly surprised to see that both paid. </p>

<p>Hopefully the post 9/11 will work as easily for you now and for us later!</p>

<p>colobamamom: Thank you, yes we are hopeful that this all works easily too :)</p>

<p>oops…</p>

<p>Amber’s email is…</p>

<p><a href=“mailto:amber.capell@ua.edu”>amber.capell@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>Thank you :)</p>