Glitch

<p>DD emailed her regional rep today because she hasn’t heard anything yet. Turns out admissions claims not to have her transcripts. Yet, her school naviance shows they were mailed Sept. 20 and the status is confirmed. So she is going to set the process in motion again, but she’s disappointed to have missed the October housing deposit. I’m really going to miss her next year, but I’ll be glad when the admissions process is over!</p>

<p>Hmmmm…</p>

<p>So, is her school going to quickly resend? (Were they sent electronically?) </p>

<p>Is there a way to check to make sure the school has the right admissions address? </p>

<p>Once you know that they’ve been resent, notify the regional rep a couple of days later to make sure her stuff is processed fast.</p>

<p>Then, keep checking MyBama…Academics tab…left column…and as soon as the link for putting a deposit shows up, you’ll know she’s in. Then do the housing app and housing deposit.</p>

<p>Admissions
Undergraduate Admissions
• Application for Admission
• Check Admission Application Status
• Major List
• Academic Catalog
• Cost of Attendance
• International Admissions
• Become an Alabama VIP</p>

<p>Admitted Undergraduate Students
• **Submit Freshman Enrollment Deposit ** <— Look for this link!
• Orientation Registration
o Video
o Bama Bound Evaluation
• Application Major Change</p>

<p>The Honors College
• Honors College Application
• University Fellows Application</p>

<p>Don’t worry, it’s still early enough to get a good choice of honors housing. Last year, the ones who had trouble didn’t deposit til like March. Those who deposited long before then were ok.</p>

<p>Thanks, mom2ck, for the support! DD provided an envelope to guidance addressed by her. She is going to guidance tomorrow to deliver another transcript request and envelope, but I have asked her to check on the confirmation. I believe a post card is sent with the transcript that gets mailed back by the college, so she should be able to find out if it was received. Unfortunately, this is the busy season and guidance normally requires at least 3 weeks to process requests.</p>

<p>don’t worry too much we deposited in january and didn’t have any trouble with housing.</p>

<p>*Unfortunately, this is the busy season and guidance normally requires at least 3 weeks to process requests. *</p>

<p>Hopefully, since they know that this is a “resend,” the school will process more quickly. After all, this is an easy transcript…no GC rec…just transcript and school profile.</p>

<p>When your D turns in the request, perhaps if she attaches a Yellow Stickie mentioning that all that is needed is transcript and school profile. No counselor report or anything else is needed… </p>

<p>I would also ask the area rep if he/she can do anything to “find” the missing transcript.</p>

<p>last year this happened to someone else, and an area rep was able to somehow get it located.</p>