Going Greek as a transfer

<p>Basically my situation is this: when initially deciding on colleges I chose LSU over bama because as a Texas resident I knew more people there though I really wanted to go to bama it just didn’t seem Practical from a Greek life standpoint to jump head first into a new world like that… Well a semester passes and I’ve pledged a “top tier” fraternity at LSU but our initiation was going to be this January. Over the Christmas break I got into some trouble with the law back home in texas and I’m going to have to take a semester (possibly two) off and go to a local COmmunity college. I thought maybe this is my chance at a fresh start at Alabama but I’m afraid that fall or spring sophmore year will be a little late to rerush. Thing is I got along great and did well in rush/pledgeship at LSU so I imagine I’ll get along with people fine its just a matter of whether or not I will be too old for the whole system when I would possibly beable to go there. Sorry about turning that into a rant, if you have the time shoot me some advice on whether bama Greek life is a lost cause or not thanks in advance. On a related note the national championship in no way is influencing my decision making.</p>

<p>It won’t be too late to rush. Have you applied for next Fall?</p>

<p>I don’t know if/how the legal issue will affect anything.</p>

<p>The legal problems should be said and done by this summer. I havent applied yet I intend to do it by mid February, that shouldn’t be an issue as I was accepted as a freshman and my gpa has been ok so far. I’m mostly concerned about if I end up having to wait until spring of next year I imagine Ide be In sort of a tight spot with rush</p>

<p>Why would you wait til Spring to come to Bama?</p>

<p>I will also be a transfer student going to Bama but Fall 2012. I am going to Greek Preview i believe march 24th. i totally suggest this because you will get to decide if going greek at this school is what you want to do. I am from the midwest and i don’t know anyone at all from Bama so going to the preview weekend is defiantly a must for me.</p>