Going over essay word limit

<p>I wrote my first essay,it’s 800 some words,i cut it short,its about 700 words, and i know im not going to finish my 2nd essay using 300 words.</p>

<p>So,i was wondering if i can go a lil over, like 1.1k words?? because i dont want my essay to be underdeveloped while the other is good -.-</p>

<p>Someone help explain please~~</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>no im sorry, im pretty sure its impossible to. the application wont allow you to submit more than 1000 words</p>

<p>I read somewhere else that they actually allow up to 1100 words for when you type/c&p, but I would definitely try to cut it down as much as possible. It's not a good idea to show that you can't follow directions.</p>

<p>tcl91 is a idiot.. you can write your essay up to 1,100 words without a problem. The admissions department is not trying to grade you on how well you follow directions like a 1rst grade teacher</p>

<p>Right, oop, because you are totally an admissions officer and know for a fact. And I'm totally an idiot for offering a suggestion. I'm mistaken, possibly, but not an idiot.</p>

<p>Oh, and good job at calling me "a idiot." It's supposed to be "an idiot," idiot.</p>

<p>haha yeah really tho guys...if anything id be the idiot :P</p>

<p>i dont remember it allowing you go put extra chars, but..id suggest keeping it as close to the values they say they want then..make sure there arent better ways to rewrite sentences to be more clear, while still retaining a good flow</p>

<p>another fail conversation</p>

<p>something like 1020 words is fine.</p>

<p>vip, they may have failed the conversation, but they all managed to be accepted somewhere - this is a thread from last year. Ren is at Michigan, BlueSky at UCSD, tc is heading to Cal for spring, and Oop is at Cal Poly SLO. There is hope for everyone!!!</p>

<p>Doesn’t the site say “you can go over by a little. For example, 1012 words is okay”?</p>