Going to CC then to a UC?

<p>So, how many current seniors are planning to go to the local community college?</p>

<p>And another question.</p>

<p>Is it honestly that easy to transfer? </p>

<p>Cause in my mind, since our year was “the biggest applicant pool ever” doesn’t that mean that our big applicant pool of people who didn’t get into their top choice and are going to try the CC route, are also competing for transfer spots against eachother AND people from years ahead of them, who may have took a gap year or just are taking a long time to complete the units in order to transfer?</p>

<p>It's a lot easier to transfer because the competition is so much less. Do just as good in CC as you did in HS, take it seriously, and I would say you have a much better chance of being accepted than as a freshman. I am strongly considering going that route.</p>

<p>"It's a lot easier to transfer because the competition is so much less."</p>

<p>I mean for this year, there were the highest number of applicants ever because of the baby boom, so with this baby boom, and the previous year, and the year following ours that we may be competing with, do you think it'll be tougher to transfer, especially because of being overcrowded at some schools? Cause so many people this year were so <em>shocked</em> by being rejected from schools with such good stats, I'm wondering in two years, how many will be <em>shocked</em> about being rejected as a transfer even with their good stats.</p>

<p>I graduated HS with a 2.2 GPA and 3 years later I just was accepted to all the UCs and still waiting to hear from Berkeley </p>

<p>Going to a CC changed my like but it is definitely not for everyone.</p>

<p>It is important to note, that the top UC's will have even LESS spots due to the Merced shared expeience program...which means in two years about 600 spots at the top UC's will be locked for these students, making it even more competitive</p>

<p>I've been contemplating this as well. Logically, it makes sense that as more people are getting rejected from their top choice, competition will increase. But it also depends on how many people are choosing CC over their safeties.</p>