Going to College Station w/o tickets?

<p>We are going to College Station, but unfortunately won’t have tickets. At this point not really sure where we are going to watch the game, but will find somewhere. Is anyone else making the trek ticketless?</p>

<p>I am not going to the game… but did you see this?</p>

<p>M2CK posted this today. Looks very interesting.</p>

<p>[2013</a> Tailgatin’ With The Tide | National Alumni Association](<a href=“Log In ‹ internal.asbdc.org — WordPress”>Log In ‹ internal.asbdc.org — WordPress)</p>

<p>Alabama vs. Texas A&M
September 14, 2013
Kyle Field, College Station, TX
Location: Simpson Drill Field near the intersection of Gene Stallings Blvd
If ESPN College GameDay selects the game, we will be adjacent to their set
Time: 11:30-2:30 p.m.
Cost: $50 per adult, $25 per child
Includes: Open air tents with seating and fans
Appearance by Big Al and the Alabama Cheerleaders
Bama shakers, stickers and tailgate gift
Multiple TVs for watching other games
Tex Mex GameDay Buffet
Open beer & margaritas</p>

<p>That event will end before kickoff, though. Your best bet would be go to one of the bars or sports restaurants to watch the game. I would search one of the UA football discussion forums around the the internet for suggestions and advice.</p>

<p>you can try to score tickets before the game. idk how successful that will be, though.</p>

<p>other than that you could go to any one of the places that will have it on tv.</p>

<p>my DD got a ticket.</p>

<p>I would not be trying to go and snag tickets before the game. All the diehard aggies are not getting rid of those tickets. They are expecting the opposite victor than we are. My BIL is an aggie with season tickets and he will not give them up, we asked. Several friends and neighbors are also aggies with season tickets and they are like, NO WAY AM I SELLING THOSE TICKETS. Done tried. Oh well. I’d prefer them to be there to see the entire game with their own eyes that way they can’t blame the tv for not showing or seeing some play or call. Or whatever else.</p>

<p>We will probably stay here in Dallas and attend the watching party. Then will be sporting Crimson and White the next day at church :)</p>

<p>It is funny, all my years living in Alabama and the big rivalry was Alabama vs Auburn. Now it seems that the Bama vs. A&M rivalry is even bigger, at least this year. There are tickets still available for the Iron Bowl as low as $169, the last time I checked the Bama v A&M tickets were starting at $360…</p>

<p>It is only a big rivalry for the aggies. When in Alabama most are like, oh them, whatever. They don’t see A&M as a rivalry. There is too much storied history with Auburn and LSU for A&M to slip in and take those spots. You see Alabama folks giving a thumbs up and don’t realize that is the hand sign for A&M. Whereas in Texas you will never see a Longhorn fan giving a thumbs up, ever.</p>

<p>I was in Houston this weekend and spoke with Aggie fans from Boston who were incredulous that my son had donated his A&M ticket last year, as he had too much homework. Gentleman told me he is desperately trying to find a ticket to this year’s game and will pay up to a grand for a seat. Of course, those Aggies have such great jobs, they can afford it!</p>

<p>Maybe rivalry was the incorrect term. It does have enough hype around it to drive the ticket price through the roof. I wonder how many tickets Bama was allotted?</p>

<p>I believe Bama received 6,000 tickets. Approx. 450 of those will be used for the Million Dollar Band!</p>

<p>Well, I hope who ever from Alabama got the remainder 5500 tickets, uses them and didn’t just get them to sell…Id like to see the Bama well represented in that stadium.</p>

<p>DD has several friends from high school that went there. She wanted to go to this game. She was going to fly from BHM to Houston for them to pick her up. They were going to try and get her a student ticket. Airfare was thru the roof! I said no. Ain’t no way they are going to get an extra ticket for her. Turns out they can not. Told her to wait till next year when they come to T-Town.</p>

<p>ME TOO txbamamom! I hope they are going to that game wearing the “A” and crimson and white.</p>

<p>I know several A&M people and have heard of others that do also…and everyone says no one is giving up their tickets. There sure are a lot of tickets for sale online…someone is giving them up, for the right price.</p>

<p>there are plenty people selling tickets to the game, including from UA students who signed up for and got them.</p>

<p>Just saw a facebook post of the UT freshman class of 2017 doing an official class pic…it is really cute…does Bama do class pic?</p>