Good Transfer GPA for the department of Agricultural Economics

Hello I am wanting to know what is a good GPA to get into the college of Agricultural Economics.I know that the minimum GPA that is needed to apply at least is a 2.5 and my current GPA after this semester will be at a 3.5 and will hopefully go up again after I complete my spring semester in community college. I plan on transferring in the summer for the spring semester and just wanted some pointer or advice on securing an entrance into the department. Any suggestions or advice

@Burzum1998 Your GPA is more than qualified for transferring into the Ag department. In your essays, be sure you show your passion for what you want to do and things that you are currently doing to pursue your interest in Ag Econ. As your back up choice, put Ag Business. Still a lot of econ in that degree plan as well. Best of luck and keep us posted.

I would also recommend meeting with an advisor in Ag Econ to put your name and face out there. They love this kinda stuff and when you mention it in your essay, that just shows you’ve been proactive in applying!

Meet with the people in the Ag Eco department. They are very helpful. Make sure you’ve taken all the required classes! In your essay explain what you want to do with the degree. This was hard for my son because he didn’t know for sure. He had to just figure out a possible career path and present it in the essay. They are sensitive about folks who are looking for a back door entry into Mays Business. Make sure you emphasize your interest in Agriculture. My son transferred in this past Fall. He had a 4.0, but I’m sure a 3.5 is fine.

Thank you for the advice miss I really appreciate One Love :v: