Google CSSI 2020

@PizzaSuicide there is no need to submit a resume this year.

Does anyone know how many students have applied this year? because Reddit doesn’t have a post for 2020. here it is only this one and the application was open for one extra day. Doesn’t seems to have many students this year

The main thing that worries me the most is the fact that Google might potentially cancel the program due to a COVID-19 situation in the US. (but I’m just speculating)

International student here. what happens if i get in cause f1 visas allow you to arrive 30 days before school starts at max. will google assist me with another visa like B2 or sth? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LMK GUYS

You don’t need google to get a B2 you can just apply and get it bec it’s a tourist visa. Tell them in the interview that you applying for the visa to attend google cssi and show them an acceptance letter or something.

Is it just me or does it seem like a lot less people have applied/talking about CSSI this year? I wonder why, I’ve only heard good things about this program.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if they accept non-URM?

Looking at photos of previous year class, there have non-URM students, but it always depends on how well your application is.

Google has decreased its CSSI-HBCU program to 2 universities, and the extension program is also in less number of universities this year than the previous.

I thought this year they will increase the size of the program but they are making it more competitive.

does anyone know how much does cssi cost if u manage to get in? And what about the scholarship program? The website is referencing the Google Generation scholarship, but that deadline is on dec 5th 2019, way before the cssi application itself starts.

I thought it was free but don’t quote me on that.
Also, does anyone know when decisons get released? In the FAQ it said May, but on the main page it says mid April

If you are commuter campus, you will be provided a stipend for travel and lunch every day. If you are in residence program, your living cost and food are handled by google. They will also provide airfare if needed but airfare is applicable only if you live in the USA and Canada.

This year’s generation scholarship was not associated with the program. So, I guess no scholarships.

International Student here. Did anyone receive the information about which site you are being considered for CSSI?
According to the website, the CSSI team “will confirm which site you are being considered for shortly after the application deadline.” But haven’t received any information about my candidacy.

Nope. I still haven’t got any confirmation.

Wow, the number of international students are quite high this year than the previous one (I’m International too)

@Hetang24 Oh, I see. I guess it takes some time for CSSI to assign the candidacy for each applicant. I hope all of us can participate in this wonderful program this summer!

@MCP628 yeah, should be able to participate if COVID-19 doesn’t get worse enough to cancel the program

Hey did anyone received a mail from connect-with-google??

Nope, did you receive one @Hetang24 ? If so, what did an email include?

@Hetang24 Hi, I just received that email. Gave me a shock thought it was a status update for the cssi application. I’ve joined the slack platform

Nevermind, I actually got the same email! Do you guys think it is a sign or anything?