Google CSSI 2020

I don’t think it’s indicating any signs, as the email says that it has no impact on the application, maybe they’re just inviting all aplicants to join the CwG? not really sure

@Hetang24 @christynatalisa @CollegeApplica Haven’t received any email regarding the Connect-with-Google one. May I ask what did the email include?

This was the email I got for CwG:

Thank you for submitting your application to the Computer Science Summer Institute. We recently came across your profile from your CSSI application and wanted to offer you an opportunity to join our online program, Connect with Google. To be clear, this has no impact on your CSSI application - the CSSI team will reach out in early May to update you on your application status. We just saw your profile and would love to have join our virtual community.

As part of Connect with Google, you’ll receive:

:black_medium_small_square:Regular email updates outlining ways to get involved with Google;

:black_medium_small_square:Invitations to events and workshops;

:black_medium_small_square:News about Google, our products and the Industry;

:black_medium_small_square:Technical content; and

:black_medium_small_square:Online learning opportunities and competitions

As a CwG member, you can also participate in our social community on slack. This is a great way to develop connections with other future technologists and join the conversation more broadly.

All my best,

Has anyone gotten asked about which location yet

keeping in mind the recent situation of COVID-19, I guess we won’t be getting any email of that kind anytime soon. And they haven’t yet updated website with 2020 locations for google offices. It gonna take time.

Hey guys, I was just interested in where all of us are going to college. I am an international student and I am going to UCSD for CS!

Has anyone got any updates?

Yea, just got an email today stating that due to COVID-19 the program is going to moved online. Still no signs of decisions yet, they said they would release in May.

I hope that the competition will lighten up a bit since the program went online.

I just received an email that said I got in. I am sooooo happy. Hope everyone stay safe and health

My daughter got in too.

Did anyone not get in? Maybe they accepted everyone since its online?

I have not received anything yet. This so weird. Do you think I got rejected?

Received acceptance earlier today. Anybody want to make a groupchat?

I just made a groupchat for accepted students for the program on groupme. Dm me if you want the link.

what’s the link?

I got in as well, I would love to join a group chat!

Have you checked your spam folder?

@bigredftw Congrats to all accepted!! I’d love to join this gc too :slight_smile:

Guys, has anyone else not received their decisions as well? I checked my spam folder and trash but I still haven’t got anything. I honestly think I got rejected :frowning: