Google CSSI 2020

I would like to join the group chat too!

@CollegeApplica Hi! I also haven’t received any email yet. Since they sent the rejection letter as well in last year, I guess we can wait a bit more. Hope both of us get in!!

@MCP628 Hopefully man! At least I’m not alone. I don’t want to be pessimistic and optimistic either. Do you think the fact that we didn’t receive anything mean that we got rejected? Or are they sending the decisions in waves?

@CollegeApplica I really hope they send the results in waves!!

Hope you get in tomorrow! But looking at last years thread, it seems like ppl that didn’t get the email during acceptances got a rejection email the next day, but this year is obv much different.
Best of luck!

can you send me the link I’d love to join

Got in, would like to join the gc too!

@bigredftw Got in! Would like the groupme link as well

@00nahcw
dude i think you’re the same person I just talked to on reddit but please don’t think like this!! this program is mostly for URM anyway so if you didn’t get accepted it’s probably just because you’re overqualified. you’ll receive many opportunities in life and we’re so young this really doesn’t matter at all.

@bigredftw I’m accepted too, and I’d love to join

I also was accepted yesterday and would like to join the group chat !

Just got the waitlist email

@ljbigboi Is it okay if I ask if you are an international student?

Got waitlisted RIP. Would love to know, out of those who got accepted, what your ideas were or how much CS experience yall had.

I am addressing this to all international students that applied to CSSI but still have not heard back. Someone on Reddit just posted the contents of an acceptance letter to CSSI which is specific to international students: “In order to provide an engaging online experience and program swag, CSSI: Online students must reside in the US or Canada this year…”. So I am guessing international students most likely are going to receive rejections. The only thing that is infuriating me is that we spent so much time and effort on the application (I personally spent a whole month) and the result that we are getting is a rejection due to an unspoken “requirement”. I understand that the COVID-19 pandemic impacted the program significantly, but it is just unfair that all our efforts got depreciated… ;(

Just as expected, I was rejected… International btw. But I was offered an invitation-only Coursera course. Do you think it is worth it?

The Coursera course seems a course run by Duke University. The course should also be available to the public, so rather confused why CSSI called it an invitation-only course.

I don’t think it is since the Coursera course run by Duke starts today, while the form sent by CSSI has to be completed by May 17th.

I was accepted yesterday and would love to join the group chat!

Same id love to join too^