Google CSSI 2020

I’d also like to join the group chat!

Apparently College Confidential is not allowing me to send links either via dm or posting them. Not sure how to get around it so I can add people to the groupchat.

Did anyone from the US or Canada get rejected? It seems like the only ppl getting rejected are international from what I’ve seen

If anyone knows a way for me to add people to a groupme groupchat without sending a link, let me know

Well. I saw people in this post asking about how much CS experience accepted people got. I think I should share my experience, so people applying next year can have a reference.
I took AP CS A and AP CAL AB in 10th grade, and got 5 on both exam. I continued to learn more about CS in both 11th and 12th grade. I took linear algebra and differential equation in my 12th grade. I remember the application asked us to upload our transcript. I took all STEM related AP, and have a 4.6 weighted GAP.
I forgot if the application asked for resume. I did lots of CS related activities. 1 school year internship with a top 5 company, and many other CS contests/activity/hackathon.
I am not sure how much the online challenge affect the application neither. I just remember I finished them really fast, and I think I got all of them right because they are not super hard questions.
Someone also mentioned about this program is for URM? I am not sure about that. At least, I did not know when I applied. I am a Asian female who’s currently living in US. I guess I am neither minority nor majority.

I got in but the only AP I did was APCSP with a 3, did the Girls Who Code SIP and was involved in a few clubs at school but that was it for me. I have average grades and am also an Asian female from the US so I’m curious if they only rejected international students.

yeahh i’m from Indonesia and I got rejected by getting forwarded to the coursera thing. :frowning: pretty sad about it tbh Ive been waiting for this program for years and even reached out to ppl that got in from the previous years to discuss my essay ideas.

true. got it too. I dont think its as exclusive as they made it sound. we’ve also talked about it on slack (the #cssi2020 channel) and someone made a #subtlyrejected channel lmaoo

Y’all if you got into cssi: there’s a slack, discord, and groupme. Dm me for the link to the groupme. The slack you should get access to from the email they sent you. The discord is floating around everywhere lol

@CollegeApplica I am not international.

@archimedes17 could you DM me the discord/slack? I’m not a junior member yet so i dont have access to dms

I’m from new York and got rejected. Probably because I’m Chinese American and this is meant to help urms, since hard working below the poverty line Chinese don’t count as minority

I’m Asian too and got in so I think essays matter a lot because my grades weren’t great. I’m sorry you didn’t get in but this is just one program, like you said, you’re hardworking, meaning this one program will not make or break your career! I’m sure you’ll do great things, don’t let this one rejection get you down.

Any accepted international students living outside the US or Canada here? I’m an accepted international student. I’m pretty sure that I can overcome the time difference and engage in the live lessons, so I don’t know why they put such rule upon (almost) all international students. I emailed them my circumstances last week but I haven’t heard anything from them yet. Does anyone know what should I do?

Also, if anyone has the groupme link could you kindly dm me the link? I’m new to cc and I don’t think that I have the access to DM rn. Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Congratulations to all admitted.

@archimedes17 Can you dm me the groupome link?

If you posted in this thread in the last week and asked for the groupme, I have dmed/will dm you the groupme link in the next hour!

@archimedes17

Could you also dm me the groupme link?

Hey I got into CSSI. Can you please dm me the groupie link as well

@archimedes17
Could you pls dm me the groupme link as well?