Got a D in Calc AB

<p>Unfortunately I got a D in Calc AB last semester and this semester I drop to Pre-Calc. I am a junior right now. So Do I get a 0 for the GPA computation for Calc AB first semester? How do I save my grade so I can still get in a UC. I am worried because I got a D so UC won’t want me. Is there anyway that I can retake that course again and get better grade so the better GPA will be count instead of the D. Thanks!!!</p>

<p>Could you take it over at a nearby community college? Hopefully you could learn the material this time and get a better grade.</p>

<p>You can retake the class during summer school if your school offers it. UC will still see the D on your transcript, but they will calculate your GPA with the higher grade. This is what I was told by my son's counselor when he got a D in English. Good Luck!</p>

<p>I guess I can take it in community college, but is there is equivalent class as calc AB in high school? So the UC will count the Calc in community instead of the D I got...</p>

<p>Yeah. In my sophomore year, I got a D in Chemistry. I took it over the summer and got a B.. the UC's still see your D, but they count the B in your GPA. I took it at a community college over the summer.</p>

<p>I think the equivalent to Calc AB is the first year calculus given. The UC policy on the website is that they will replace your D with the grade you got in remedial courses. This doesn't work for a C or B though.</p>