Got Accepted already

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>I found out today that two of my friends got accepted to UCI, UCR, UCSC already.</p>

<p>How is this possible? I thought UCs notify their applicants in March?</p>

<p>thnx</p>

<p>p.s. they both have 4.0+ and 2000+ SATs</p>

<p>Im guessing ELC..</p>

<p>Guaranteed admission to the mid and lower tier UC's</p>

<p>Yeah, I go around saying I'm already in davis too. but its just an ELC thingy.</p>

<p>TBH, its the same as a real acceptance, as both are still just "offers" of admission, and pend on the fact that you dont screw up your senior year.</p>

<p>Question is did they actually get a letter saying you " John Doe" are admitted? or is this one of those, I know I have a 3.0 GPA, SAT of 1900 + and it is as likely as the sun coming up tomorrow that I will get in?</p>

<p>pinkfeather</p>

<p>they told me that they got it in an email</p>

<p>thats sounds odd because aren't the UCs suppose to notify you through their own accounts?</p>

<p>No single student has been formally notified of an admit or reject decision -- with the exception of ELC. Even for ELC, you have to apply but there is a general assurance you will be admitted to UCD, UCI, UCSB or the other lower tier UCs.</p>

<p>I'm ELC and I just got accepted to Irvine on Feb. 20. I got an email saying my application status changed. I checked the website and it said I got in. Will the other schools that guarantee admission to ELC notify me early like Irvine did?</p>

<p>No, that's not true.</p>

<p>I'm not ELC and I got accepted to Irvine on 2/20.
- UC GPA 4.0
- SAT 2100</p>

<p>I think Irvine has 2 batches... the first batch comes out in Feb, and the regular batch comes out in March. </p>

<p>The letter for UCI's Honors Program came the day after.</p>

<p>my friend got into uci and ucsb and he aint elc either or campus honors</p>

<p>UCR has been making admission decisions known since February. Irvine also has been sending out acceptances since mid-Feb. Several of my friends have received the acceptance packages in the mail. Perhaps it's only the Regents Scholarship invites? In any case, several of the UCs send their decisions out in waves, so some will receive news earlier than others. That's just how it is.</p>

<p>I just got an e-mail from sc like 20 minutes ago, saying that they will start notifying the 15th--not sooner. I'm elc, but I haven't gotten anything yet. The only schools that I applied to, that guarantee for elc, are davis and sb. If people are already getting letters from sb, and aren't elc, should the rest of us hear stuff before the 15th too?</p>

<p>the letters from Irvine and SB are for honors/regents, not elc.</p>

<p>ELC, regents, and invites to honor programs/scholar's day.</p>

<p>What?^ What is it you're saying about those three?</p>

<p>haha hey there tenh</p>

<p>People with ELC have gotten acceptances. Those offered Regent's scholarships are pretty much accepted. And some have invited to honors programs or events like scholars day are basically accepted. At scholars day they tell you you've been accepted.</p>

<p>hey irvin:) Still haven't heard anything, elc, but I don't expect to until march15th.</p>

<p>Yeah haven't heard anything either, i may hear after you since im a transfer student. I hope I'll hear around the time all you guys got in. What is the ELC? i hear everyone talk about it. Is it like a transfer guarantee program for freshman? I'll keep you posted on when i hear. what other schools have you applied too tenh?</p>

<p>Yeah. ELC is guaranteeing acceptances for kids in the top 4% of their hs grad class. They guaranteed UCM, UCR, UCI, UCSB, and UCSB. I applied to SB, D, LA, B, and SC. Davis is still where I'm pretty sure I'll end up. I want that college town, not a big city. I just wanted to see if I would get into B and LA. We'll see tho...what about you?</p>

<p>That's cool, at least some good schools reward students who work hard. I applied to davis, la, irvine and san diego. I would of applied to berkeley but they require 3 college level english classes unlike the 2 that all other uc's require and im just doing the 2. Davis was at first my first choice all along, but it kind of changed when I kept hearing about all the glory cal poly had to offer, and seemed like a place i'd enjoy. But looking at it now, I want to go to davis, I too want to experience that college town atmosphere and also be close to lake tahoe.</p>