Got Waitlisted

<p>What are my chances of getting in? I applied business.</p>

<p>What are your stats?</p>

<p>I got waitlisted too. (arts and science) I have a 1900 on the SAT (700 writing, 630 critical reading and 570 math) GPA 3.83 weighted and 3.4 unweighted. Only 1 AP class and 3 honors. Both of my parents and my brother are alumni. Does anyone know what my chances are? Do you know when I would know if I was admitted/denied? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks</p>

<p>only thing I can tell you is that I know kids who heard that they were accepted off the waitlist right around May 1st…</p>

<p>1) if they are your #1, call and let them know and/or have your GC let them know as well.</p>

<p>2) send updates</p>

<p>3) if you are full pay, you have a better chance off of any waitlist</p>

<p>Thank you, Rodney.</p>

<p>got deferred from early action and now have been waitlisted
3.4 unweighted gpa
Excellent extracurriculars- President of Special Olympics Club/volunteer at many other activites
Very Good Essay
Very Good Recommendations
Sat: 610 W 580 CR and 800 M
so 1380/1600 and 1990/2400 overall
Its one of my top choices I really want to get in. Do I have a chance of getting in?</p>

<p>I got waitlisted too! I applied pre-nursing, regular action.</p>

<ul>
<li>5 APs this year; ten APs overall</li>
<li>3 very good teacher recs</li>
<li>Upward trend in senior grades, haven’t dropped below a 4.12 this year.</li>
<li>3.67 UW, 4.12 W </li>
<li>Captain of varsity tennis team, president of two clubs, NHS, a member of another club</li>
<li>I would say I had a good essay…</li>
<li>My SAT score is probably what did me… very average :P</li>
<li>No family alumni</li>
</ul>

<p>Let’s all hope we get in you guys!!!</p>

<p>I hope we all get in too!! This has been my dream school ever since I can remember. I found out online and it mentions a letter, did any of you receive it yet? If you did receive it, what does it say we have to do?</p>

<p>Found out online today, expected something big to pop up but nooooo lol.</p>

<p>I didn’t receive my letter either. It will probably come tomorrow since I live up in MD.</p>

<p>greengrl: I hope you get in because we have very similar stats when it comes to our SAT scores! I also got a 1900 on the SAT: 660- reading, 640- writing, and 600-math. I applied for my major of journalism and I got accepted a few days ago! My GPA is a 3.8 and my parents are alumni. I took three honors classes last year and am dual enrolling this year though.
Good luck! :)</p>

<p>Thanks kchels. I hope I get in too!! Congratulations on your acceptance!</p>

<p>Does anyone know how many people were placed on the waitlist?</p>

<p>For those on the waitlist…if you can pay full price, you will most likely get in. If you can’t pay full price, it will be a bit more difficult.</p>

<p>Good luck, and write a short letter expressing your interest in Miami to the admissions department</p>

<p>^^ditto what Wneckid99 said…
and after you write the letter recommended, get your GC to call admissions…</p>

<p>For those of you that were waitlisted, have you gotten the letter in the mail? I live in Miami and I still haven’t received the letter.</p>

<p>I got the letter yesterday. It has a waitlist reply form that you mail back letting them know that you are still interested.</p>

<p>how many people got waitlisted? and how many do they actually accept?</p>

<p>@Trashd- i live in fort lauderdale and i have yet to receive it too. i want to send in my acceptance on the list asap but i can’t until i get the letter :/</p>

<p>Okay, I finally got it today. Question: Are we supposed to send our letter to the admissions committee with this envelope or send that separately?</p>

<p>i just checked it today and saw i was waitlisted. i applied early action and was deferred and now waitlisted. i know i’m not going here though so that’ll bump some people up on the list. there’s still hope, even though in the letter, it doesn’t sound too optimistic with the “in other years, the waitlist was not used”…but i really do wish you guys thee best of luck :)</p>