GPA after Dec 1, 2018 Deadline

Does the GPA after Dec 1, 2018 count or is in just based on the 6 semesters? DD is really close and should be able to be at the next level after Semester 1 of Senior year.

@seniormom2000 GPA is not counted at all. Class rank is considered for only the first 6 semesters.
Top 10% is auto admit but being in the top 25% of her class, she can achieve auto admission through academic admissions if she can score SAT: Total score of 1360 with at least 620 Math and 660 Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (EBRW)

ACT: Composite score of 30 with at least 27 English and 27 Math

satisfy the State of Texas Uniform Admission Policy, and
make sure all required documents are received by the application deadline.

Her scores must be submitted by Dec 8 so take it as many times as necessary and definitely take SAT prep if needed.

UGH! I think I found my answer is last years thread. It says that you must have achieved the rank on or before the application date. Is this accurate for Top 10% and Top 25%?

I meant to say Rank. Sorry for the confusion

@seniormom2000 correct… first 6 semesters are the only ones that count for class rank.

@AggieMomhelp . thanks. Now I am wondering if she even has a shot at being a review candidate. Her rank is 25.4% for the preliminary. We won’t have actual until 3 weeks into the school year.

Hopefully she will be top 25%. What were test scores? Could she get academic admit? If close, there r more tests offered late August (SAT).

also @seniormom2000 If y’all are any where close to TAMU, she can come here and take the “residual ACT”. They score it inhouse and it only counts for A&M. BUT… they round up. For instance, my son got a 26.25 when he took it here and they scored it as a 27. He ended up getting a 28 on the next National test, BUT at that time 26 was his highest. AND it will show real interest by your daughter that she wants to be an Aggie by making that effort.

We will be at Aggieland Preview day this coming weekend and also have appointments set at local PSC. She currently has 1200 SAT and will be taking it again. She is looking to get in to the Liberal Arts College to major in History (but I know that she has to get in 1st before they look at major) Based on everything that I am reading I am thinking that she doesn’t even have a shot at being a Review admit as I am sure they are looking at ranks of 11%-24%. What do you think @aggiemomhelp

@seniormom2000 has she taken the ACT? Really look into her doing it here, like this Friday if possible.If you want, I can look into it for you to make sure it’s being offered.

And recalling everyone that got in or didn’t get in for this fall, it’s truly a toss up being right at 25%. Class Rank and Test scores only make up 50% of review scores. ECs, LOR and essays make up the rest. She needs to do all 3 essays and try to get a good LOR if possible. Someone with clout here seems to help.