GPA calculation different?

<p>I am (hopefully!) transferring from a community college in Texas to Texas A&M, but I failed 2 classes my first semester. However, I retook those classes and got A's in both.. So my transcript says I have a higher GPA (3.38). But does TAMU calculate in the F's as well as the A's, thus lowering my GPA? If that's the case, my GPA is a 2.88.. Also, what do y'all think my chances are of getting in as a psychology major either way?
40 hours, reviewed essay, letter of rec, and quite a bit of ECs. After this semester (shooting for all A's) will have 3.1 and 50 hours. All sent in by January 10th!!</p>

<p>Also! Have any transfer admits received acceptance yet? If so, when did you apply?</p>

<p>My daughter has a transfer application on file and has not heard back yet either. I believe that Texas A&M does consider all grades on your transcript. However, I understand that they will consider spring grades if you are not accepted based on fall grades.</p>

<p>Hopefully, letters will be sent before May because my daughter hopes to attend summer school.</p>

<p>The waiting is always difficult. Please keep us updated. Good luck!</p>

<p>They’ll include the F’s. Luckily, the college of Liberal Arts is the easiest college in A&M to gain admission into. Hope that helps a little.</p>

<p>Thanks to both of you!! As of now, I am doing really well in my math and science classes, so the 4.0 for this semester should be easy to obtain. I just hope there are enough spots by the time I get in my final transcript. I will keep you posted!!</p>