GPA

<p>Hey.
My current GPA is 3.4 (I am an international student and it is mainly because of the language difficulties that it dropped)
and I improved my English since then a lot and I scored a B in my transfer class. I am very satisfied with this result tho! </p>

<p>I would like to get a BSN degree in Nursing.
Which nursing school are easier to get in?
any information you could give me would really help!
I have many references and lots of clincal work! </p>

<p>Thank you very much! </p>

<p>Generally, the private university programs in states with many competing RN programs have the easier admissions. Many of these universities are not well known, but they have good nursing programs. Also, some branch campuses of state universities and some community colleges have RN programs that are less selective. </p>

<p>At almost all colleges, you will find the RN program is more selective than the admissions standards for the average major. </p>

<p>Some of the most selective programs are at the main campuses of state flagship public universities, because they are popular for social reasons, they are well known, and they are affordable for in-state students. Some public universities save most of the RN seats for in-state residents.</p>

<p>(There also are a handful of private universities that are extremely competitive for all of their students, including nursing.) </p>

<p>Charliesch could you recommend any in the Midwest - Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin?</p>

<p>this really helps Charliesch!! thank you so very much!
So you are saying even tho my GPA is lower I could get into a private school?
I was just yesterday thinking if I should take some easy classes like, Art, Health, etc. to boost my GPA up. Would that make any sense? </p>

<p>Oh and Youareallawesome. - this is a really good question! I was thinking about maybe leaving CA and move somewhere to the midwest. will it be easier to get in?</p>

<p>You both have a wonderful day!</p>

<p>My only experience was in researching mid-atlantic nursing programs for my daughter. I know nothing about midwestern colleges. Hopefully other people can comment on them. Based upon the messages on this website, it seems like nursing programs within public universities in California are rather competitive.</p>

<p>^^ As far as boosting GPA with easier classes…I’d check into each program you are looking at. I know at my D’s college (which is a lower division and upper division of Nursing)…once you apply to upper division, the Nursing dept recalculates the GPA with only the prerequisites needed for Nursing. That way everyone is on an equal playing field since they only look at GPA for progression into Upper. Otherwise, everyone would just take a million “easier” classes to pad the GPA.</p>