Gpa

<p>Can somebody tell me how exactly is the GPA calculated and out of how much is it. anybody from the CBSE(INDIAN SYSTEM) who can tell me how to calculate my GPA?</p>

<p>(percentage marks)*4/85</p>

<p>I dont blv there's a set way to convert your grades to the GPA... if you're in the 90s... its pretty much over 3.7
dont fuss over the decimals, your school counsellor would probably have a fairer idea :)</p>

<p>Not true necessarily, a 3.5 in most schools is exactly a 90. Princeton Review has a 100-scale to GPA converter.</p>

<p>At my high school 95 was a 4.0!!!</p>

<p>You don't need to calculate your GPA.</p>

<p>well its always recommended since you need to put it on several apps :p</p>

<p>For CBSE students: just leave the GPA thing blank and attach your school transcripts. Colleges understand the differences and will evaluate accordingly.</p>

<p>:p</p>

<p>hey guys could you please tell me what exactly GPA is?</p>

<p>Colleges have thier own way to calculating GPA of applicats.</p>

<p>Colleges don't like it when you convert your scores into GPA (for intels)</p>

<p>Well if you really want to calculate your GPA (where you don't have to)</p>

<p>For unweighted, you set A+,A,A- as 4, B+,B,B- as 3, C+,C,C- as 2 so on and so forth.. (total is out of 4.. at least at my school)</p>

<p>and then you add all of them up and divide that by the number of subjects..</p>

<p>for instance,</p>

<p>English A
Math A+
Music B
History A-</p>

<p>then this person's GPA is 3.75 (4x3 + 3)/4</p>

<p>hope it helped you...</p>

<p>k guys thanks for the advice n i think ill stick with hello's advice since it seems the easiest to follow...:)</p>

<p>hey</p>

<p>i'll be applying this year and was wondering what goes on the transcript.</p>

<p>the way it works in india is that we get a report card at the end of each year with a percentage.</p>

<p>does this go on the transcript?</p>

<p>thanks</p>