Grad Announcements

<p>My son is graduating in May. The Howdy website has a history of the graduation announcement that describes the traditional announcement with the Aggie Ring crest on the front, embossed in gold on an ivory card. It can only be ordered from the MSC. SO, of course that's the one we want to order. But when you click the link to order, you get a notice that the MSC print shop has closed, Then there is a link to order that takes you to Herff Jones. The only grad announcement design available is the ATM design. Does anyone know if there is a way to order the original design? Aggieland Bookstore has one with a ring crest design but it does not look at all like the traditional design. Thanks!</p>

<p>I found two designs on Herff Jones site - one in maroon with just the letters ATM and one in ivory with a seal (can’t tell what it is though). Did you see that one too? </p>

<p>Thanks. Yes, but it looks like both are the ATM design. I will call them on Monday. Actually got something in the mail today from A&M after posting my question, and it shows only the ATM design, not the ring crest. :frowning: </p>

<p>This isn’t helpful but my D is graduating in May as well! We ordered from Herff Jones($$$). We probably overpaid because we didn’t try to shop around. The ring design sounds so nice, it’s a shame if they discontinued it.</p>

<p>Herff Jones changed the ivory design online now too - both are just the ATM :frowning: Did you hear anything more about alternate designs?</p>

<p>My daughter just graduated from A&M. I was very disappointed in the Herff Jones Graduation Announcements. The maroon announcement with the seal on it was actually not maroon at all. It was closer to a brown color. The paper is very thin and cheap looking. The size is smaller than I was expecting. It looks like I printed them off my home computer. The ivory, tri-fold announcement with the foiled ATM on it, is okay (an improvement over the brown one but, still not what I what I was expecting). Both announcements do not even have raised lettering. The presentation is very cheap and unimpressive…not something I would expect a college announcement to look like. After I ordered the announcements, I received a sample announcement from another company which was so much nicer! I also saw samples online with Aggieland Printing after I received the Herff Jones announcements…and I wish I had ordered from them. I am a Former Student, and the Aggieland Printing Announcements looked similar to my graduation announcements from way back when. </p>

<p>I had ordered the package with announcements/thank you notes and the cap and gown from Herff Jones. Discovered after the fact that other places in College Station sold the cap and gown (Texas Aggieland Bookstore and the MSC).
Next child I will be doing things a little different! </p>

<p>Thanks. I ordered last night without checking back here on CC for replies, Darn! @aggiering, I’m with you on the next child. My Aggie sophomore and hopeful Aggie class of 2019 will get better announcements, one way or another. What a waste of money with Herff Jones. </p>

<p>Barfly, hopefully the announcements have improved since last semester. </p>

<p>Anyone wanting to see what the announcements from Herff Jones looks like, they have samples in the MSC Bookstore. </p>

<p>Cap & gown this year have to be ordered at HJ/MSC - they’re now custom with aTm on the sleeves. Deadline is this Friday. </p>

<p>Agmomx2, interesting…now you’re forced into ordering from Herff Jones. Something that surprised me at my daughter’s graduation, is they did not have a uniform graduation tassel. I wonder of they changed that too. </p>

<p>It comes with a tassel, cap & gown… so yes, I guess it’s fixed :wink: </p>

<p>I see that you can order a “souvenir tassel”, but yes, the required Herff Jones cap and gown come with a tassel. Hopefully it’s not as cheap looking as the grad announcements! Will my next 2 Aggies be able to wear it? Probably not - like our high school, they probably change the color ever so slightly each year!</p>

<p>Students were wearing the souvenir tassels at graduation. The tassel that comes with the cap/gown is thin black with an A&M seal medallion…no graduation year is on it. The souvenir one is a thicker tassel and is maroon and white with the graduation year hanging from it instead of the medallion seal. I was surprised that there was not a uniform tassel. I wonder now with the new interim president if they will be requiring everyone to wear the same “Herrf Jones” tassel at graduation. </p>

<p>We got our announcements from HJ the other day. They are not too bad. They did add our D’s second degree when she called and asked (at no charge!) so she is happy. You can’t list two degrees on the online order form.</p>

<p>We’re ordering from Signature Announcements. They sent us samples & there are 5 A&M patterns to choose from online. They do charge extra for the additional degree (in our case certificate) but since she earned it ( & we paid for it) what’s a few more bucks at this point! End of the tunnel syndrome… :)</p>

<p>We got lots of mail from Signature Announcements. I should have looked online - but since I didn’t like the grad announcement that came in their solicitation mailings, I just threw it all away. </p>

<p>The announcement example Signature mailed had a Scripture passage on the announcement. Since A&M is a state U, that made it obvious that is was not the “official” A&M announcement, so I didn’t want to use it. I should have been smart enough to look for other options on their website. The quality of the announcement did look very nice.</p>

<p>The passage at the bottom is your custom space. You can pick one of their suggestions or submit original text.My creative graduate loved that it had a custom component.</p>

<p>Signature was one of the companies that sent us a sample after we ordered the ones from Herrf Jones. The quality was so much nicer and the print was raised instead of the flat print announcements you get from Herrf Jones. </p>

<p>Agmomx2, glad to hear you were able to customize the Signature Announcements. </p>

<p>Congratulations to all the graduating seniors and parents! </p>

<p>I will keep Signature in mind for my class of 2016 and 2019 grads. :slight_smile: </p>

<p>Barfly, I will too! Signature and Aggieland Printing are on the top of my list for my next graduates in 2018 and 2019. </p>

<p>If anyone is looking for A&M Degree Frames, I found a store in Northgate-Texas Aggieland Bookstore <a href=“http://www.txag.com”>www.txag.com</a> had a nice selection and their prices were better than the MSC. </p>