Grad School Admission from same undergrad school

<p>Hey, I posted the following thread in the grad school forum, thought I might post it here as well. Thanks!</p>

<p>Hi, I'm a sophomore in high school, and I know it's a little early to be thinking about this, but what's the chance that a grad school will accept students from their own undergrad school? The only reason why I ask is that I'm starting to look at colleges for undergrad, specifically in marine biology. My main choice right now is University of Miami due to their Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science. But I also have been looking into their graduate program, because with marine biology there's basically nothing that you can do with a BS. I've read really good things about the grad school, but I was wondering if going to University of Miami for undergrad would either help or hinder my chances of getting in to their graduate program. Thanks!</p>

<p>I graduated from UM in 2008 and do not attend for grad school, but when I was there, I always heard that UM undergrads have some preference to being admitted to UM for grad school. I had a friend in the Marine Science program who switched to Marine Affairs because it is very hard science based since it includes most of the pre-med curriculum and the bell curve that goes along with it. When you finish your BS, you will be very well prepared for grad school. So if you love UM go for it!</p>