Grad School Opportunities

<p>I apologize for another question! I'm almost sure I will be attending Geneseo this fall. I intend on majoring in English and attaining a law degree. I'm curious as to what graduate schools Geneseo students are accepted to, particularly graduate schools known for law programs. I've heard that in applying for law school, the school in which you do undergraduate work doesn't have as high of an impact as a strong GPA and high LSAT scores. I'm wondering if this is true. I'm mostly concerned with the fact that Geneseo is a public school, I don't want that to jeopordize my chances at attending a prestigious law school. Should this be a legitimate fear, or is this an unfortunate stigma? I appreciate all thoughts on this!</p>

<p>From Geneseo’s website
Law School Placement
Geneseo’s reputation as one of the most selective liberal arts colleges in the northeast provides strong assurance that you will be considered a strong candidate for admission to law school. However, your own academic performance in a range of academically challenging and rigorous classes is also essential. Our alumni are graduates of some of the best law schools in the United States. Recent Geneseo graduates have enrolled in the following law schools: University at Buffalo, American University, Boston University, Case Western University, Cornell University, University of Notre Dame, University of Virginia, William and Mary University, Emory University, Albany Law School, Syracuse University College of Law, New York University School of Law, Seton Hall University, University of Chicago, and Villanova University.</p>