Grad School

<p>When choosing a UC is it more important to choose prestige, or to choose which UC you’ll do best in ? </p>

<p>Many people say that in the end, your GPA, research, etc, is what matters the most. Yes, prestige is taken into account, but it isnt THAT important. </p>

<p>im thinking about choosing a less competitive school where i know ill be able to enjoy myself AND make the grade rather than a really competitive school where i might be overburdened, end up hating, thus ruining my college experience. </p>

<p>so what are your thoughts on the matter.</p>

<p>I think it depends on your major. True, prestige isn't that important in light of GPA, but if you're going into something like engineering, law or business, prestige goes a long way. The only example I would imagine where prestige isn't that important is medical school, and even then I would still be more comfortable knowing I graduated from a prestigious university, in the very possible chance that I decide not to pursue med school or can't make the GPA cut, in which case I'll have a degree from a good school, not a bad one.</p>

<p>hmm medical school? yay! thats my goal- thanks peppers. :) </p>

<p>but yeah im pretty set on my medical school decision. and im pretty sure ill go to the university where i know ill be more relaxed, etc etc :) I'd rather be as close to a 4.0 as possible than have like... a 3.0 in another school.</p>