Grade reports

DS27’s semester ends 1/13 and grades won’t be turned in by teachers until probably the end of the following week, which means we probably won’t see them until the week of the 23rd if we’re lucky. The application deadline for his schools is 1/31.
Would you have the school submit just the first quarter for now so we can submit his apps and follow-up with the semester grades when they’re ready, or would you roll the dice that the semester report will be ready AND that the registrar (we don’t really have a guidance office) will be able to get it done in time? I don’t have a ton of confidence in the administration at our school, but I also want to make sure he offers as complete an academic picture as possible.

Have them send current grades now then update when the new ones come out. That way they have something by the deadline for this year showing you didn’t miss the deadline/forget pieces of your app.

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken schools only ask for the 1st term of the 8th grade year? I advise you to just send it in and if the school asks for it you’ll probably have it by then.

2 Likes

Thank you both! The school submitted what they have, which will only be the first quarter of the year. If the semester grades come out before the application deadline, I’ll ask her to update the portal if she can or send them separately.

I actually have the same question except my school doesn’t have quarters. It’s just semesters… : /