Grade Rounding at Texas A&M

Hi anyone from Texas A&M knows how grade rounding works for professors at Texas A&M or does it vary for each professor? I ask because I think I have about .5 points away from a real A. In order words, I believe my final grade is 89.9 since I have a total score of 539.5/600. Also, another thing I like to say is that I saw his syllabus but his point system, which accounts for 500 points, does not include a 100 point essay, so it should be 600 points. I could not be exactly sure if I got an A or not. I would like to ask my professor about my final grade. If I did have an 89.9 in the class, I would ask if he would round it to an A, but I do not want to piss him off like I heard from stories from students who talk to professors regarding their final grades. So I just want to ask how shall I speak to him about it? By the way, this profesor I am talking about is a music class one, and he seems to be calm teacher. He also saw how I worked hard and how I was interested in the class.

Approach in a friendly professional way, asking first for clarification re syllabus 500 vs 600 points issue. Then briefly ask about rounding policy. You are striking the right tone in your original question to this forum, and it is a good idea to ask, especially since the policy wasn’t stated. I offer, however, that there are professors who would not round up, possibly most. Your asking will help him improve his syllabus next time and may also help you. Be polite and also be prepared for either answer re rounding. It’s outstanding that you are looking out for your situation.

@SkyAshes80 What ended up happening with your grade? Hope you got an A!