Graduate Engineering - Texas A&M vs SMU

Just wanted to get some thoughts on the subject. I have a great job with a Fortune 500 company, make good money, and work/live in the Dallas area with my wife and kids. Work is paying (along with scholarships), so money isn’t much of an issue. SMU seems to be more customizable, while TAMU is nicely focused on technical and project management. SMU is an MA/MS (depending on the courses taken), while TAMU is MEng. SMU is obviously local, while TAMU is primarily distance with Fall and Spring campus visits.
I’m trying to make up my mind and was wondering if anyone had/was in a similar situation. Stay with the local and more customizable degree at SMU, or go for the more leadership/engineering oriented one from TAMU?

Comparing TAMU to any thing even so called Stanford etc is just plain abnormality. TAMU is best in engineering and it is military school as well. US news /niche all are crap .TAMU is one of the school which as SEA,land and AIR military grant . If you get TAMU think before let it go .In state it is a GEM and no college is like T A&M

These are real rankings but if you see Military funding …no comparison of for TAMU except GIT (This has military ROTC)

https://www.americaninno.com/chicago/best-engineering-schools-uiuc-and-northwestern-rank-top-globally/