Graduating early

<p>Hiya CC’ers,</p>

<p>I’ve been offline awhile, but I always come back to the Bama board for advice and here I am again.</p>

<p>DD is a junior. She realized this week that she only needs 12 hours to graduate, and she is seriously considering early graduation. </p>

<p>D is a Bio major and will be applying to vet schools next summer for 2014 admission - its super, super competitive. I’ve counseled her to contact advisers at the vet schools she plans to approach, and to reach out to her vet friends for their opinions. She’s considering graduating in the spring, then working at a vet clinic and volunteering for a year while she applies to schools. She already has vet work experience and plenty of volunteer hours.</p>

<p>Any experience with gap years - any opinions? Someone on D’s FB page suggested using her NMF scholarship to study abroad and I wonder if that is a possibility . . .</p>

<p>As always, I appreciate the CC community and the valuable pool of knowledge and experience :)</p>

<p>So, what do you think?</p>

<p>if she has NMF money … why not just stay in school? no real rush to get done. heck, she could do 2 semesters of study abroad mostly on UA’s dime. ar she could take a light load at UA and also volunteer/shadow/work with vets.</p>

<p>guess it’s up to you all though.</p>

<p>my daughter could graduate early, too, but we figure, there is plenty of time to work … like the rest of your life!</p>