Graduation Dates?

<p>S1 will graduate in December. I've been told that if we want hotel rooms we need to book very, very early, but the calendar only says:</p>

<p>December 19-20 Friday-Saturday. Commencement and Commissioning</p>

<p>How can I find out when the College of Engineering will graduate?</p>

<p>Book for the whole thing, then cancel what you don’t need. They don’t release the times/dates until after the graduates file for graduation, then they divide up the times by volume. We just got the May graduation dates about two weeks ago and most of the hotels were already booked. We still don’t have the convocation time nor speaker announced yet, just the date. I’d imagine December would be easier than May, but I’d book now.</p>

<p>Keep in mind they limit guests. I don’t know about others but Mays grads are limited to 6 guest tickets for May.</p>

<p>My daughter graduated this past December. We found out approximately 6-8 weeks prior to graduation the exact time of her graduation. Convocation was the evening before graduation. I believe all the College Station Colleges graduated on the same day this past December (which was the 13th). We were not limited to the amount of people we could have at graduation. The May graduations limits you to 6 tickets per student. </p>

<p>I agree with Agmomx2, you should go ahead and book a hotel now. The closer you get to graduation, the harder it will be to find a room. </p>

<p>I was talking to some Aggie Moms, this is the first year that they are limiting guests for the May graduations. It’s only on Day 1 ( Liberal Arts, Business & Engineering ). Previously they have occasionally limited convocation tickets (when Pres. Bush was the speaker it was grad. +2), they will let us know once the speaker is announced. </p>

<p>I guess as the size of A&M keeps growing, they are forced to do this. Although if they added additional times/dates for graduation, they would not need to limit the number of guests. </p>