Graduation Present

<p>I am in need of ideas for what to get my daughter for graduation. We had planned a surprise NYC trip but her summer job is interfering with those plans. </p>

<p>I did already purchase this: </p>

<p>The FTD® University of Alabama® Crimson Tide® Rose Bouquet - 24 Stems - VASE INCLUDED
Item #BD58</p>

<p>How sweet! We gave our D a strand of pearls and matching earrings along with some money to put up for things she might want while on campus but be reluctant to ask for at the time…wants…not needs.:slight_smile: I don’t think she has spent it, but she has enjoyed knowing she had it if she wanted to.</p>

<p>We have a tradition of giving a new computer for graduation. They get one after 8th grade graduation that takes them through high school. And then another at HS graduation to take them through college. Our oldest is graduating college this year and we will be getting him one (MacBook Air) as well as our future member of the Crimson Tide (MacBook Pro). Their choice, within reason :)</p>

<p>We’re trying to figure out something special for our S whose 18th birthday will fall on the same day as his graduation party. He received a laptop for Christmas because he needed it for school. Maybe an IPAD or tablet? Not sure how he would use it at school.</p>

<p>I had to look up that Crimson Tide bouquet. Very pretty</p>

<p>[The</a> FTD® University of Alabama® Crimson Tide® Rose Bouquet](<a href=“http://www.ftd.com/the-ftd-university-of-alabama-crimson-tide-rose-bouquet-prd/fcat]The”>http://www.ftd.com/the-ftd-university-of-alabama-crimson-tide-rose-bouquet-prd/fcat)</p>

<p>We also do the computer thing, but decided to give junior year son an iPad for his Bday since it has features that will make note-taking easier in some of his ChemE classes.</p>

<p>I like the iPad idea. D uses hers for note taking because she can draw things into notes for OChem and also uses a flashcard app for studying.</p>

<p>Bamagirls, what flashcards does your D use for studying Ochem? My older D will be taking that class in the fall. </p>

<p>My daughter graduating from high school will be getting a MacBook Pro. She has also asked for an iPhone and since she’s due for an upgrade she’ll be getting that.</p>

<p>My mom gave my oldest D a pearl necklace for graduation.</p>

<p>Linnylu,</p>

<p>I can find out the name, but I don’t know it off hand. It is an app where you can make your own flashcards though. She also likes to use standard but colored flashcards and has a box of binder rings she keeps them on. Your D will find the iPhone very helpful on campus and having the ability to use iCloud between her devices is great.</p>

<p>I’m thinking about giving D an iPad for graduation. She just got a new laptop this year so she doesn’t need that (although when she sees her roommates’ new Macbooks she might decide she wants one of those). She’ll also be getting a weather radio. I have a printer on the list, too, maybe one with Airprint. Can anyone recommend a good printer (good meaning one that works with the UA network, doesn’t jam, is reasonably fast and doesn’t drink ink at a staggering rate)?</p>

<p>Her Grandmother already got her both an IPad and also a laptop. She is very loved/lucky. </p>

<p>I didn’t even get $50 25 years ago. LOL</p>

<p>I love those roses, definitely sending those. We are getting a Time Tuners necklace ( Harry Potter geek) and probably an ipad or macbook.</p>