GRE test sites, prep courses on campus

<p>Wondering if any of you know if, number one, whether the GRE is offered to be taken on Bama’s campus, and also, if there are GRE prep programs either offered on campus or nearby.</p>

<p>Son will be working in a lab on campus this summer, probably not taking a class, and will have to apply for grad school this December, so hoping to use the time to prep for and take the GRE.</p>

<p>Son will have a car, so if the test centers and prep centers are off campus, that’s not a problem, just don’t want him to have to drive to Birmingham, unless absolutely necessary!</p>

<p>Thanks for any info!</p>

<p>Go to the GRE testing website and it will give you the testing locations. :)</p>

<p>Will do! But what about some anecdotal help as far as test prep centers near campus? Thank you!</p>

<p>Also, back in my day, I went to the local college library and took the GRE. It was done with pencil and paper. </p>

<p>I’m guessing everything is computerized nowadays, so I’m wondering, is it necessarily going to be on campus, or is there a commercial testing center that it would be done at?</p>

<p>Mom2k, doesn’t your oldest son go to grad school? Where did he do his GRE prep and where did he take his GRE test, if you don’t mind me asking? I’m sure he did very well, based on where he is attending, so I would love to get some advice from you on this whole GRE prep and test taking business.</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>He didn’t take a prep course. S1 just bought a GRE practice book and did a couple of practice tests.</p>

<p>The tests are computerized and at the Prometric testing centers. He went to the one in Huntsville for his GRE exam. Younger son took his MCAT at the Prometric test center in B’ham.</p>

<p>UA is listed as a testing site, but I don’t remember why neither son tested there.</p>

<p><a href=“http://etsis4.ets.org/tcenter/CenterList.jsp?A=A[/url]”>http://etsis4.ets.org/tcenter/CenterList.jsp?A=A&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Thank you so much for the reply. We will look for a good GRE practice book.</p>

<p>Anyone have any info on a nearby GRE test prep place?</p>

<p>For instance, is there a place where kids may take an LSAT or MCAT prep course? Maybe they would have GRE prep there as well.</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>