Great ACT News for D

<p>My HS junior daughter desperately wants to attend Bama now that older brother is there. It can’t happen, though, without a significant scholarship. She just got her latest ACT score = 30 (up from 27 in June.)</p>

<p>Now we are keeping our fingers crossed that 1) Bama doesn’t change it’s scholarship program between now and 2014 and 2) that she can work on bringing her score up another 2 points.</p>

<p>We can swing it if she is awarded a 2/3 scholarship - but full tuition would be even better and would free up some $$$ for other opportunities such as study abroad. :slight_smile: </p>

<p>I’m so proud of my daughter!</p>

<p>Congratulations! That’s so excitiing! It must have taken a lot of work to bring her score up three points. Good job!! :)</p>

<p>Congrats!!</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Congratulations to your D. Which section could she improve upon? If her lowest score is Science then here are some hints: </p>

<p>The science section on the ACT is difficult to finish on time. My D had a hard time with it until she learned that it’s just a reading test. She practiced with old ACT science sections until she was able to complete the section in time. Just relax between each section. Pretend each section is a separate test. You can also save a minute by “knowing” the directions on the science section. BTW, my D did great on the ACT, including the science section.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>Thanks, everyone! Her lowest scores are in English (25) and Science (28) - which I think are two areas she can increase with some focused effort. She really didn’t study between her last test in June and this one in December…so she does have some room to move if she puts the effort into it.</p>

<p>Congrats RTRMom2! My junior D is also waiting! She had a 29 in September and we are hoping for that magical 32! How I’d you get scores today? The website says they aren’t available until the 26th. Did your DD take the December test?</p>

<p>December ACT scores won’t be released until 12/26.</p>

<p>S started out with a 28 and after three more tries he had a 33. (34 for superscore schools) He just took one practice test for one subject each week. After each, I told him to figure out what why he got the questions wrong. He quickly learned that it wasn’t his knowledge, he was rushing his questions. He brought his English up from a 24 to a 35 on his last test.</p>

<p>Exactly the same for my S. He went from 25 and 24 in E and R to 35 and 34. He works too quickly and makes silly mistakes.</p>

<p>DD went from a 29 in September to a 31 in December! Fingers crossed that Bama doesn’t change the scholarship requirements before the Fall! She can definitely go with the 2/3 tuition scholarship. She will definitely try again for the magical 32!</p>