Great visit today

<p>Met with the assoc. dean of the Honor College at 9:00 a.m. (very nice lady).</p>

<p>Took the bus/walking tour at 10. </p>

<p>Info session at the Admissions Office at 11:30 (zzzzzzzz).</p>

<p>Saw a dorm at noon (Ridgecrest South). Very impressive.</p>

<p>Overall, I think my son came away with a positive impression. He can definitely see himself there. (Not so comfortable for me, a lifetime Bama hater, but that’s life.) People were complaining about the heat. I’m like… I’m from New Orleans. This feels like fall.</p>

<p>Nice visit overall.</p>

<p>Most boys look better in red and black than in purple and yellow. :-)</p>

<p>You a corndog fan, slippy?</p>

<p>Glad to hear you had a good visit. And while your hatred of Bama is certainly misplaced and just downright asinine :-). I can understand your feelings. </p>

<p>If my lil bro said he wanted to go to auburn. I’d have kicked him square in the nuts and had him committed to a psych ward.</p>

<p>I am so glad that y’all had a nice visit and your S came away with a favorable impression. DD said it is hot and they are expecting rain so hot and humid…fun? Hopefully y’all get back for a football game or at least another visit when the campus is full of students…it has such a great feel.</p>

<p>Slippy…my older son spent the summer at LSU this summer at a VIGRE math research program. I got to visit LSU 3 times, which was good, since the first visit was rough (long story)…but in the end, I found it to be an enjoyable place to be and just love Chimes and that breakfast diner that is west of there…Can’t remember the name. </p>

<p>My younger son spent the summer at Univ of South Carolina doing a REU biomedical engineering research program. I also visited my nephew at Vandy, so we felt that we got the full SEC experience these last few months. :)</p>

<p>Glad to hear that your Bama visit went very well.</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>The diner is probably Louie’s. </p>

<p>LSU is home for me. I spent 7 years there (college and law school). Budget cuts have not been kind to LSU in the last few years (it is not alone with this problem), but things are looking up. </p>

<p>All of my children have to carve their own path, and I will support them no matter what. But I will never (NEVER) say those two words that begin in R and T.</p>

<p>you mean ROLL TIDE? Roll Tide …</p>

<p>:-)</p>

<p>Never say NEVER. By November 5, you will come over from the dark side.</p>

<p>Incidentally, the expression “ROLL TIDE” is more than two words. In Cajun terms, it is the Espirit de Corps, Joie de Vivre, and Raison d’etre.</p>

<p>Nick Saban found the light. You will too!</p>

<p>*The diner is probably Louie’s. *</p>

<p>Yes it was. Thanks! </p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>They were very kind there. My son needs a gluten free diet, so they were very cautious to make sure nothing he ate had gluten in it. Even the cook came out to speak to us to be sure. Very thoughtful.</p>

<p>Do you know Renee Rockwell? She went to LSU and LSU law school as well.</p>

<p>I think she means Rocky Top, not ROLL TIDE!!!</p>