Great weekend in Tuscaloosa

<p>Just got back home after spending 5 days in God’s Country. Spent some time with lil bro, met up with quite a few old friends, partied pre-game in the back room at Phil’s, witnessed a dismantling of the piglets, ate ribs at Dreamland, had a MacDonald burger at Mugshots, bought a Bama polo at The Shirt Shop, drove around campus with my tongue hanging out … :-). All in all a fabulous time.</p>

<p>BTW, for those that like wings. Bama Wings Fish & More has some pretty good wings. It’s a few miles from campus (Skyland Blvd near walmart) but a decent lunch spot if you’re on that side of town.</p>

<p>Oh, I’m jealous! I’ll be in T-town soon!</p>

<p>Absolutely love the buns at Mugshots and am missing some Chicken at Bento Japanese and that dreamy shrimp sauce they have.</p>

<p>I have yet to walk the RiverWalk, so I’m going to try to do that when I’m there. :)</p>

<p>* drove around campus with my tongue hanging out … :-). *</p>

<p>It’s just amazing isn’t it? I have been on sooooo many campuses over the years, and few, very few, can touch Bama’s beauty. When I read posts about the “beautiful campuses” that others post about, I have to bite my typing fingers and not reply, “if you think THAT (just ok) campus is pretty, you haven’t seen Bama.”</p>

<p>I can’t wait for the entire SEC to be complete with that new Science Quad that will be in the middle. That park-like area will be a pretty view while walking from the various SEC buildings. </p>

<p>And that new area that will be on the north side of the library…an Academic Plaza?? or something like that.</p>

<p>I’m thinkin’ NJ meant all the pretty girls;) BUT the campus isn’t bad either!!</p>

<p>lol </p>

<p>yes…I guess his tongue was hanging out over the pretty girls…I keep blinders on my H when we’re at Bama.</p>

<p>M2-
Funny that you mentioned Bento. Last night, as we were pulling into the garage, my daughter said, “I’m craving Bento’s sushi roll with (insert whatever you get on a sushi roll), YUMMM”
I think Bento is definitely one of her favs…</p>

<p>So I met a CEO at my conference today and apart from being the nicest man, he was a Bama alum(figures). But he used the same term as NJB. So your son is going to “God’s Country”. What exactly does that mean? Is it a religious or landscape reference? Sounds good either way.</p>

<p>lol…</p>

<p>No, it’s not really a religious reference. It could be a landscape reference as some use it to describe beautiful unspoiled scenery. </p>

<p>It means that it’s a special place. :)</p>

<p>Actually, God is quite willing to share, because it’s also SabanNation.</p>

<p>My family and best friend (an alum) call UA God’s Country too. LOL</p>

<p>God’s Country = God and Bear watching over the campus, of course! ;-D</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>One and the same to some folks I’ve met. (No disrespect intended to coach Bryant). :)</p>

<p>Rumor has it that Bear Bryant, Elvis, and Tupac are suitemates in Ridgecrest South.</p>

<p>There exists a Holy Trinity of Alabama football coaches.</p>