Greek Chic 2013 is up!

<p>The online version of Greek Chic 2013 is up:
[ISSUU</a> - 2013 UA Greek Chic Recruitment Guide by Alabama Panhellenic Association](<a href=“http://issuu.com/alabamapanhellenic/docs/greek_chic_final]ISSUU”>http://issuu.com/alabamapanhellenic/docs/greek_chic_final)</p>

<p>Thank you - yay!!</p>

<p>Whoo hoo, excitement abounds!</p>

<p>Looks GREAT! Very exciting and they did a wonderful job on it!!!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>For those of us a year out on recruitment, it is really fun to see what is in store for DD.</p>

<p>Is there any chance we will see what the philanthropy shirts look like? Trying to buy shorts that won’t clash!</p>

<p>In the sorority call-in session they said the the shirts would be white and violet.</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>Just confirming MSUBAMA…they said the same at our BamaBound session.</p>

<p>Can anyone clarify the schedules? It looks like you will visit 16 houses the first day. There are slots for 26 times on the greek chic schedule.</p>

<p>How does that generally work? Do the girls usually have free spaces in their days (party 1, 2,3, 4 and then break for period 6,7 and then start again?) or do they generally work the schedules so that the girls either start later or finish earlier in the day or get time added on at lunch?</p>

<p>Also with the rest of the rounds, they seem to have more time slots than you can attend parties. I know that starting with the second round, the girls might not have a full schedule. Again, how does the schedule generally go?</p>

<p>I know you can’t give exact specifics but it would be helpful for the girls to know what to expect going in.</p>

<p>Also, when do the girls receive their schedules each day?</p>

<p>As I recall, there are several breaks in between parties. The girls will have some time to freshen their hair and makeup, relax/regroup and hydrate.</p>

<p>The Rho Chi’s give the girls their schedules. On the first two days all the girls in a rho chi group are together and attend the parties as a group. The following days, each girl receives her schedule when she meets up with the rho chi group. Each girl is responsible for getting to her scheduled parties. In between parties the girls meet at their rho chi “spot.” They will only see each other as a complete group when they meet at the start of the day to get their schedules.</p>

<p>Where are the rho chi spots? Are they inside so the girls can cool down?</p>

<p>I didn’t ask. I think there are some aspects of this process the girls need to experience for themselves. </p>

<p>The world is not a perfect place and we often walk into new situations and have to deal with whatever we get handed. This is one new situation I think DD can handle cold without me dissecting and sanitizing beforehand.</p>

<p>It is hot and humid in T Town in the summer. Our northern hothouse flower is going to have to learn how to deal with that, as well as following directions given to her and getting herself where she needs to when she needs to. Might as well start with Recruitment.</p>

<p>I think there are tents with fans on the front lawn of each house.</p>

<p>It seems to me I remember hearing that we would be receiving a copy of Greek Chic in the mail. Does that sound right to anybody?</p>

<p>Yup. Those registered before the July 15 registration price increase date get them in the mail. I think if you register later you have to pick it up when you get there.</p>

<p>She registered as soon as registration opened up. Any idea when to expect it? It seems to be cutting it very close to move-in time. I was under the impression that it would come more toward the beginning of the summer and girls could use it as a guide for wardrobe choices, though I’m glad we didn’t count on it for that!</p>

<p>DD has printed out a copy of Greek Chic and is making her notes, etc in that so that she can keep the copy she receives will be pristine for Recruitment week. The copy will stay her at home. She has made a single data sheet with important places, times and schedules to carry with her on campus as a quick reference (no need to page through the GC book).</p>

<p>You don’t want to have any comments or thoughts you may have written down seen by others and possibly misinterpreted, especially a rho chi.</p>

<p>Is a payment to the sorority required on Bid Day? </p>

<p>Any insight as to the payment schedule would be much appreciated.</p>

<p>No payment is not due on bid day. It actually takes about a month before your first payment is due. We choose the 3 payment plan…so we spread out payments over three months and it was always due on the 1st. So Sept, Oct and November. The second semester it was Jan, Feb, March.</p>

<p>Some sororities spread payments over 10 months. Hope this helps.</p>