Greek Life at UW-Madison

<p>I am currently a high school senior and I realize that I may be posting this question too soon, but UW-Madison is my number one school choice and I am already curious as to how Greek life works at UW-Madison. I am 100% certain that I will try to join a fraternity at UW-Madison and have several quick questions. First, and most importantly, are the IFC fraternities at UW-Madison racially diverse, for I am an Asian-American and have heard many stories about how fraternities bid mostly on white students. (Hopefully these stories are false) Second, which fraternities are the most popular on campus and are involved in community service?? Lastly, how would I improve my chances at receiving a bid to a fraternity??</p>

<p>Thanks alot</p>

<p>UW Greek here. Member of IFC fraternity. I’ve never heard of fraternities on our campus being racially selective in their membership. It just happens that many minority students elect to join the multicultural greek council fraternities instead. I have quite a few friends in other fraternities, many asian-american students scattered across the board. I’m not as active as I used to be in my frat.</p>

<p>Try rushing, see what house fits you, shop around for the best fit and its usually mutual if you’re pretty in tune with what you want.</p>

<p>No IFC fraternities are not racially diverse. There is a reason why minority students tend to join multi-culti orgs instead.</p>