Greek Life

<p>During recruitment, how big of a role do looks have to do with getting a bid into a soroity? Through all my research i’ve only seen thin, pretty girls. How big of an impact is appearance?</p>

<p>Appearance, without a doubt, matters. However, there is a LOT more to it than just looks. Grades, involvement, and most of all, personality, are all important.</p>

<p>Also, looking good doesn’t necessarily mean being the prettiest or skinniest girl – having your hair, nails, and makeup done, and being well-dressed, are essential.</p>

<p>That being said, don’t worry too much about this part of it. Most sororities would much rather take a girl who is kind, funny, and easy to talk to than a gorgeous girl with no personality. And if a sorority only cares about appearances, do you really want to be part of that type of group anyway?</p>

<p>Feel free to private message me if you have any other questions. I was in a sorority for my freshman year, but I just dropped out at the end of the year. I’d be happy to help you out if I can.</p>

<p>Does it help you to know that my daughter is in a sorority and has a visible tatoo and a nose ring? Plus massive thighs because she is a triathlete who spends a lot of time on a bike? I’m sure there are lots of beautiful young women, but there are just as many who will be successful in recruitment because they are smart, high achieving, athletic, or talented in some way. And have the ability to represent themselves well in conversation with people they’ve never met before.</p>