Greek Meal Plan Changes

<p>If you or your son is pledging a fraternity this semester, it is your responsibility to check your student account before the first Monday in October. </p>

<p>I found an error on my son’s account. He chose Option #3 (No Meal Plan). Yet his meal plan is now listed at Greek (50 Meals). They removed his Athletic Meal Plan. I also do not see a credit on our Accounts Receivable Page. </p>

<p>I will have to give Bama Dining a call in the morning.</p>

<p>Guess I will call today, S is signed up for Greek 50 but I don’t think he’ll use 50 plus 10 guest. He used some but that was in the first week or two.
So what are my options, put $$ on dining dollars or is it the Act card?</p>

<p>You can’t add $ to Dining Dollars, but you can to Act Card (Bama Cash).</p>

<p>However, I would recommend putting the money on a debit card so that he can use it anywhere…I’m guessing that on weekends and such, he’s eating off-campus with friends.</p>

<p>Not every off-campus place takes Bama Cash, but they will take a debit card.</p>

<p>So he can use DD or Bama cash on the off chance he wants to eat in one of the dining halls? He never eats breakfast, so I would assume that to be a rare occurrence</p>

<p>One can pay for meals at dining halls with Dining Dollars, Bama Cash, cash, credit/debit cards, and probably even checks. FWIW, it is cheaper to buy breakfasts and late night meals outright rather than having a dining plan. The math is somewhat different since hell have a $197 community dining charge if he didn’t get a meal plan, but you’d still be betting that he’d eat 50 meals (the 50-meal plans don’t include guest meals and even if they did, the guest meals would be included in the 50 meals, not in addition to the 50 meals.)</p>

<p>might as well take the 50 meal plan and “force” yourself to eat there a few times a week rather than pay the 197 for 0 meals.</p>

<p>50 meals a week is just 3 - 4 meals per week. i would think that would be pretty easy to do.</p>

<p>my daughter eats lunch almost exclusively on campus. she doesn’t really have time to eat lunch elsewhere.</p>

<p>update: Bama Dining has removed the Greek 50 Plan and charged the $195 Cancellation fee. I also contacted Accounts Receivable. They confirmed a Credit to our Mastercard was posted on the 28th and the remaining Credit will post either today or Monday. They charged his Dining Dollars for the meals he used prior to the Meal Plan changes. </p>

<p>Today has started out with good news. I hope the rest of the day follows the same.</p>