Greg McElroy scores a 48 on the Wonderlic

<p>Congrats to Greg for confirming what many of us already knew. He is one smart cookie.</p>

<p>You can google Wonderlic test if you don’t know about it. But what’s important is that in the entire history of the NFL draft only one person scored higher than Greg just did. And that was a kid from Harvard. The average score for an NFL QB is 24. Greg doubled that.</p>

<p>I’m not sure Greg has the physical talents to become a starting NFL QB. But he certainly has the brain to be successful in any field he so chooses. </p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>[Greg</a> McElroy almost aced the Wonderlic. Is he too smart for the NFL? - Dr. Saturday - NCAAF - Yahoo! Sports](<a href=“Rivals.com”>Rivals.com)</p>

<p>By the way this post wasn’t just to congratulate Greg. It was to show that top academic kids are at UA just like they are everywhere else in the country. Some other schools may have more, but nobody has any better. The chance to be challenged and achieve success is available to EVERY student at UA.</p>

<p>Well, the Tennessee Titans are looking for a new quarterback. Since their last QB reportedly scored the lowest score ever on the Wonderlic (Vince Young) maybe they should go in a new direction ;)</p>

<p>ETA: I checked the database mentioned in that list & I’d like to apologize to Mr. Young. He didn’t score the lowest on the list. He scored a 15. the lowest score was a 6. but he may have been the lowest scoring QB ever.</p>

<p>I’m surprised at how little time they’re given to take the test. No time to review their answers or really think about each question. I guess the test also is evaluating how “accurate and quick thinking” an athlete can be. </p>

<p>BTW…for those of you who haven’t taken a GRE in recent years. You can’t skip, go back, or review/change your answers on the GRE. The computer-based test is also “computer adaptive”…which means if you answer a question wrong, then your next question is easier, and that question is worth less. If you answer a question right, the next question is harder and it’s worth more. You also get your score immediately after finishing the test.</p>

<p>^^^but only until August. They are changing the GRE: “A new test-taker friendly design for the computer-based test that lets you edit or change your answers, skip questions and more, all within a section — giving you the freedom to use more of your own test-taking strategies. Another new feature: an on-screen calculator.*” From: [GRE</a> Revised General Test: What You Need to Know](<a href=“http://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/know]GRE”>http://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/know)</p>

<p>Greg McElroy is a smart kid and a fine representative of our University! I hope he is successful in the NFL as a player, but know he’ll be successfaul as a coach/GM. Maybe Momma will call one day. Here’s a great read! [2011</a> NFL Combine: Alabama QB Greg McElroy’s Interview - Music City Miracles](<a href=“2011 NFL Combine: Alabama QB Greg McElroy's Interview - Music City Miracles”>2011 NFL Combine: Alabama QB Greg McElroy's Interview - Music City Miracles)</p>

<p>but only until August. They are changing the GRE: "A new test-taker friendly design for the computer-based test that lets you edit or change your answers, skip questions and more, all within a section — giving you the freedom to use more of your own test-taking strategies. Another new feature: an on-screen calculator." From: GRE Revised General Test: What You Need to Know *</p>

<p>Yes, I know…but that change didn’t happen in time for my son who is a current senior. Oh well, he did really well on the GRE, it was just a strange situation not to be able to 'go back" or change your answers.</p>

<p>$cam Newton scored a 21. LOL</p>

<p>…that said, it turns out that Greg only got a 43. Still nothing to scoff at but it’s a little disappointing after getting worked up about a 48.</p>