Grinnell College Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

Applying regular decision to Grinnell in 2022? Here’s the thread for you to post questions, comments or admissions stats and updates.

How does your application compare to students admitted last year? Take a look at the chart below and then share your stats, activities and more.

Grinnell College 2021 Admissions Statistics
Admitted Students in Top 10% of Graduating Class 72%
Admissions Test Policy Test scores are considered and required
Applicants Submitting SATs 49%
Applicants Submitting ACTs 51%
Waitlist Yes

A Note on Admissions Data We get our data from Peterson’s. If some of the numbers look off, this wiki-post allows registered CC members to edit, update, or add relevant info, like admissions and decisions dates and additional stats. If you have different info from a reputable source, feel free to update this post. Click Edit in the lower right corner to add info or make changes.

To learn more about Grinnell College, check out the Admissions page on College Confidential’s College Search.

Anybody else getting a request for strongly recommended “optional” ‘Why Us’ essay?

Yes. We know you’re busy and don’t want to give you more work BUT…:blush: At least it’s not due until March.

1 Like

Yes. Is this new this year? Did it go to all applicants? What do you the reasoning for it may be?

The email my son received said the Why Grinnell? essay was being offered to “all of our applicants” – so presumably everyone got it. Not sure if it is new this year or not, but I presume the reason is to further distinguish applications. My son got a nearly identical email from Denison, also yesterday. He’s not too happy about two more essays after he thought he was done!

1 Like

Grinnell has been sending that essay for at least three years, probably more. My D sent in a response, had an interview, and was admitted RD in 2020.

1 Like

Same here (except she had an interview when we visited campus prior to submitting an application, in the summer if 2019).

1 Like

It sounds like its a short statement? No more then 100 words correct?

1 Like

It’s very short. Grinnell is a top choice for my D and she was able to articulate her “Why” in about 5 minutes.

1 Like

When will the decisions for Rd Grinnell be released

Not sure, but last year it was March 12th around 4pm

Does anyone know if they announce the decision date via email or social media? Is there a chance it could be this Friday 3/11?

I don’t know, but I sure hope so! It looks like it was a surprise last year so I don’t see why not this year too.

I don’t think my son is expecting anything soon because they said, “late March/early April.” He’s very patient about it, though…

It doesn’t look like Grinnell posted anything about decisions on social media last March. I couldn’t find a “today’s the day” post, or even an after-the-fact “congrats” message……

I’m betting on this Friday. It’s been the second Friday in March the last two years :wink:

1 Like

Does anyone still have any FA materials tagged as “not reviewed”?

Tomorrow, Friday, is shown on Collegekickstart.com (link below) as the date for decision notification. That changed in the past 2-3 hours as this morning it did not show a date. Has anyone received an email or other notice from Grinnell?

5 Likes

If tomorrow, what time tomorrow? 4pm is noted above, but what time zone? It would be so exciting to get a decision tomorrow!

1 Like