Grinnell College Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

Grinnell College offers Early Decision but does not offer Early Action for freshman admissions.

The Early Decision I (ED) deadline for Fall 2022 admission is November 15.

The Early Decision II (ED) deadline for Fall 2022 admission is January 1.

(Source)

All ED1 applications should receive an admissions decision by December 31. All ED2 applications should receive an admissions decision by March 31. Last year, Grinnell College admitted 197 of the 322 applicants who applied early decision. The acceptance rate was 61.18%.

For more information visit the Grinnell College page on College Confidential.

See updates and discuss results with other Grinnell College applicants.

Are you planning to apply early to Grinnell College? Why Grinnell College? What questions do you have about applying early? Comment in the thread below.

To discuss other Grinnell College topics visit the grinnell-college tag on CC Forums.

Have more information about Grinnell College Early Decision?

This post is a wiki and allows CC members to edit and update relevant information - just click the Edit button in the lower right corner. (You must be a registered user with at least Member level privileges to edit wikis).

There is no November 31

2 Likes

Says you. :angry:

1 Like

Anyone applying ED1 or ED2?

1 Like

Son was accepted ED 1 on Friday 12-3-21, super excited

5 Likes

My son was also accepted ED1!

4 Likes

For those of you whose children are going next year to Grinnell, my son is a senior there now. I’m one of the moderators of the FB group for Parents and Families. Find us on FB, answer the questions, and join. It’s Grinnell College Parents and Families (not for students though - they have their own group).

2 Likes

I did so right after the ED notice, but do not think I’ve been accepted yet.

Did you answer all the questions? Sometimes people leave then blank. Feel free to email me and I can look into it. Klfullernd@gmail.com

1 Like

If you complete the questions on your mobile, it is not clear how many questions there are. I pivoted over to my laptop and think I’ve now been accepted.

Thank you for your offer. I will be back in touch if I still need help.

Happy holidays!

1 Like

Thrilled to report that my daughter was accepted on Friday, 1/21 through ED2! She is over the moon!

4 Likes