Grinnell College Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

This year, the Early Decision (ED) deadline for the Grinnell College is November 15.

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?
Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

1 Like

Hi everyone, I just wrote an article on key tips and information on how to get into Grinnell! If you are thinking about applying, I highly recommend that you take a look at it. Grinnell has so much to offer to its students and the article will definitely help you write those why Grinnell essays. Gl to those who are applying and let me know if you have any questions :slight_smile:

Has anyone heard yet? My son is anxiously awaiting a response for ED I for Fall, 2023. He was all set to do ED at Macalester, but we toured at Grinnell, and he was blown away by the kind of advising they do, and the clearly intellectual and engaged student body, as well as the whole friendly vibe of the place. But we know that it’s highly selective.

Where can I find a link to your article?

Hi! Here is the link to the article: Getting into Grinnell in 2023 | College Confidential

For future reference, you can look at the articles and guidance tab for other articles :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think decisions came out this evening. Good luck to your son. It’s a great school.

1 Like

My son got into ED I and found out today— he was thrilled. He had a 33 ACT and a 3.8 GPA, but that included 2 years of dual enrollment at a local college. No AP or IB, as that was not an option at his high school, but he did have great recommendations from a teacher and a professor who knew him well.

7 Likes

Congratulations! My kid is a first year there and very happy. There is a FB parents group with lots of great info. Just search Grinnell College Parents and Families if you are interested in joining.

4 Likes

I did request, but yet accepted. My kid has just got in ED1, and we are committed by ED agreement.

3 Likes

Same— my request is still pending. I am excited to learn more and connect with other parents.

1 Like

Did you get in to the Facebook group? I requested, and no questions popped up, and then was declined for not answering them. I then did successfully answer those, but still have been added.

Just answer the questions. My son graduated from GC in 2022 and I was the moderator for 4 years of that group. You need to try again. If not, lmk your name and I’ll get the current moderator to add you.

1 Like

and Congratulations. It was a great school for my son. He’s actually at a Young Alumni gathering tonight in Brooklyn, NY.

1 Like

Thanks so much- I heard back, and they will
Add me today. :blush:

I got in that group after the 2nd trial.

1 Like

Daughter was admitted today. She is soooooo excited and I am very happy for her.

1 Like