Group Advising Sessions

<p>I’m a freshman and new to the whole advising thing. I keep getting emails about group signature sessions, but they are very vague, and I don’t understand them. The emails say the sessions are from say 2-4. Do they last the entire two hours? Do I have to be there at 2 and then have to stay until 4? Also after a group advising session will my registration hold be lifted?</p>

<p>In my son’s case, he had to make an appointment. At that time you are required to bring a mocked up flow chart with the courses you’ve taken and courses you plan to take. Yes, the hold should be lifted after the group appointment.</p>

<p>Group signature sessions basically give anyone a chance to get cleared to register for classes because they were unable to meet with an academic advisor. The advisors there will just look over your schedule and the two of you will sign an advising sheet that will allow your registration hold to be lifted. However, you still must wait for your registration day. </p>

<p>It will not last from 2-4, rather that is the time period in which they are available to sign off. At max, you probably will stay there for 30 minutes, just depending on the amount of people present.</p>

<p>It says to print my degreeworks academic profile and planner. What exactly is that?</p>

<p>Go to Academic, then DegreeWorks.
“Worksheet” prints out your status and is good to see what you need, lays out the courses that fall under each section (Core, Honors, history…)
“Planner” You can then set it up how you want to view it, notes / calendar/… and is good to see what you took, when and set up what classes will be taken. This works well to input those “flowchart” classes and manuever those fill-in courses. Play around with it, you aren’t locked into anything (this is not registration), this is a tool for you to workout options.
There is a “print” button when you’re ready.</p>