guaranteed admission

<p>Hey everyone.</p>

<p>I was rejected from Geneseo, however, in the letter it said that I have guaranteed admission for the next school years as long as I maintain a cetrain gpa and have a certain amount of credits. However, because I was very upset, I ripped the letter apart without reading on.
It said something about sending an email confirming my interest in the option.</p>

<p>If anyone knows what I am talking about, can you please scan a copy of the letter, and/or tell me what I have to do, as well as who I have to email.</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>Just out of curiousity, are you a NY State resident? </p>

<p>Back to your question, did you throw away letter? Can you scotch tape it back togethor and make a copy? If not, just call up Admin office and ask who to send confirming interest letter to.</p>

<p>I see from earlier posts, Getsis, that you are NY resident. What I suspect is happening is that some or all of the SUNYs are using the "deferred admits" to increase the number/range of SATs/GPAs of instate, so as to not look so much better than the outofstates. While deferred admits are admits, they are not the same as a regular admit. </p>

<p>Once again, I thank Getsis, and the entire CC community for providing more nuances as to SUNY admissions, so I can better formulate questions to elected officials.</p>

<p>If you got the same letter as my D it is <a href="mailto:GTP@geneseo.edu">GTP@geneseo.edu</a>. She is guaranteed transfer for fall 2010 if she goes full time to another college and has a 3.0 gpa.</p>

<p>I received something different. I was select wait listed with guaranteed admission in either spring or fall 2010. It said nothing about maintaining a certain GPA.</p>

<p>kayf-While your post is interesting, I am not sure Geneseo is admitting OOS students with significantly inferior credentials. From what I have gathered, every OOS Geneseo admit is well deserving of a spot. I believe Binghamton is the the main perpetrator your aforementioned post. Furthermore, we are not considered admits. We are considered transfer students. I also wish to point out that Geneseo has been doing a guaranteed admission program for quite some time now (since 2000). Not recently as opposed Binghamton who has been accepting OOS students with inferior stats only in the last 2 years.</p>

<p>I suspect all students admitted to SUNYs are reasoanbly qualified, but I do think they should disclose average stats, instate (sans EOP) or OOS. I dont know who is considered an admit v. a transfer, becasue I havent seen instate v. outstate stats, even though I have sent a FOIL request for such. I dont think deferred admits are such a bad idea, the question is how are they implemented? Are people given a choice, or are they forced only on in-statee.</p>